Tennessee Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silverback 784 I may be interested in next weekend. I dont know if I will camp or not but I would not mind diving next weekend.

We are going NEXT w/e and plan on a night dive but leaving out Saturday nigh. It's going to be a long 2hrs that night. LOL

Did my OW at Philly but havent been back LLM is a lot better for sure. I may be going this weekend if anyone wants to go. Irish that
goes for you too. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/More Smiles/icosm14.gif
Thanks for the invite Rick. :) I'd take you up on that, but; have already made plans to meet up with Insta-Gator at White Stone (formerly Dive Haven) in Cartersville to give them another shot. I'm hoping vis is a little better this time. The following weekend I have family in town so won't be able to make that weekend. Have a good one.

Thanks for the invite Rick. :) I'd take you up on that, but; have already made plans to meet up with Insta-Gator at White Stone (formerly Dive Haven) in Cartersville to give them another shot. I'm hoping vis is a little better this time. The following weekend I have family in town so won't be able to make that weekend. Have a good one.

I dont think the vis. will be any better. The time we went they told us we should of been their the weekend before. Everyone I have talked to(the LDS that Bob use to work) said that is what they were told about the vis.

Welcome Techrescuediver Any dive spots out there in west TN. Always looking for new water.

Jimmi let us know on the conditions if they are favorable I will be going down there a lot more I have family very close to there. In the same town LOL. Hopefully it is a lot better than the first time I was there.

Jimmi let us know on the conditions if they are favorable I will be going down there a lot more I have family very close to there. In the same town LOL. Hopefully it is a lot better than the first time I was there.
Hey Rick,
I had a really good time yesterday diving with Insta-Gator. Here is the report:
Vis was about as good as the WORST day at LLM, but; it wasn't bad enough to say it sucked. I would not write them off based on the vis. It did rain the night before. I will say this, below 40 ft. for any extended length of time is a dry suit or 7mm wetsuit dive; it was friggin' cold; it was below 50 degrees F (49F, if memory is correct). I was wearing 2mm gloves and my hands went numb after the pins and needles stage. This is the first time since I've been diving that my feet actually got COLD. Our first dive we dropped to about 80ft for about 10mins. It was dark but we found the wall and dove near it and it wasn't too bad vis, 10' maybe and followed it for awhile until we HAD to pop up to 30ft to warm up. We finished out that dive for a time of 30mins. SI was a little cold as it was overcast w/wind. The second dive was better. The sun came out and we decided not to go below 40ft and followed the wall halfway around the quarry. The vis was lighter this time due to having sunlight and it was much warmer staying at 40 ft.and above. This dive was for about 43mins. The wall structure was pretty nice, saw plenty of friendly fish, and cool algae/moss formations on a rock deck. I will consider diving this place again as a change for variety.

Excellent
Glad to hear that. Did you make it to the Shovel in the far corner??? That was were I had the worst viz the last time I was there. So it was cold huh LOL I will stay up above 40 ft then LOL. I know it had to be cold if you say it is LOL .

I've been posting on SB for a while now, and can't believe I haven't wandered into the regional forums yet. I live in Vonore, TN and my son and I dive Loch Low-Minn and Philly quite often. I know...not too exciting after a couple visits, but they're in our "backyard", and are convenient for drilling skills.

My son and I will be at Loch Low-Minn this weekend, watching my sis doing her checkout dives. If you see the Chevy truck grill pictured below, then we're there. Just yell Big John Little John, and we'll answer. :D
DSCN0809.jpg

Also, for those of you asking about Philly, below is a video I put together from one of mine and my son's dives there.

[video=youtube;0_Gnkfbbhy8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Gnkfbbhy8[/video]

Attachments

• DSCN0809.jpg
    DSCN0809.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 106

Back
Top Bottom