Tennessee Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpc2f1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Whats up everyone? This is my first post on SB. I just got my open water certification this year and have logged 8 dives so far. I'm in middle Tennessee and looking for people to dive with. Is anyone else located in this area? I'm willing to travel.

Hi! Welcome to Scubaboard. I'm in Western KY. I typically frequent Pennyroyal Blue Springs in Hopkinsville, KY most weekends when I'm not working. I'm always looking for a fun dive when I'm not teaching. If you ever find yourself this way, look me up for a dive or 2.:D

There are a couple of quarries near Knoxville that are popular. (Philadelphia Quarry is one)
Upper East Tenn has a few locations too.
Check out Smoky Mountain Divers in Kingsport.

There's a group called Parrot Island Divers in the Nashville area. They have some group trips you'd be welcome on. I've been to Bonaire with them 4 times.

Richard.

first SB post aswell....in in NE TN about a mile from smokey mountain dive shop.....I enjoy Loch low-minn over philly....its bigger and more to see. as far as the land side goes Philly has nicer grounds and can fill nitrox....our local lakes can be entertaining too plenty of small wreaks and boat graveyards. the cooper river is our getaway aside from Bonaire trips

hit me up.....Daniel

Another TN'er here. I live in Knoxville and have yet to dive locally but have visited Philadelphia Quarry and it is a nice place. I haven't done any local diving just yet as I am now just getting free time on the weekends and I also don't have anyone to dive with which is one of the bigger problems. Would love to check out either philly or loc soon though.

I'm in Knoxville also and Philadelphia quarry is right off I-75 and a pretty good place to go. You can rent equipment on site and get tanks/air fills. The owner also owns Adventure Scuba in Knoxville and runs a good operation.

Good Luck-DB

me and 2 others will be at philly june 24th then on to low-minn to night dive and camp the 24th thru the 25th......come on out! low-minn is by far better then philly IMO but there so close y not dive em both??

I'm in Chattanooga. I usually dive LLM and sometimes the Tn. River. I've dived Philly which is OK but I like LLM more. When Rick is working LLM you can get Nitrox there also. There's Marthas in the Nasville area. Welcome to Scubaboard! Send a PM sometime you head to LLM as I'm always up for a dive.

I'm in West TN which doesn't have any local diving. I will have to check out the quarry near Nashville.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom