Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro:
Cool, I'm in!

Have we decided exactly which sites we're doing? One dive on Tenneco and then the other on another wreck or is it both dives on Tenneco? I have to get my tanks filled as they are in the shop righ now for their VIP and I need to know what to have them filled with.

See everyone on Saturday morning.
Scott, first is on one of the two towers, so its max is either 115 or 105, of course you dont have to go that deep. The second is a 70ft max wreck (Edminster). I would think 32% would cover on the first, you might be able to push 34% though, second dive - well you should get plenty of SI on the way over from the towers, but i guess there isnt really an MOD problem on that one, even if you use 40% (max rec), but that shouldnt be needed. I have to get my tanks filled, will probably hit one of the local stores during saturday after the morning beach dive.

diver_doh:
Thanks Simon, I just missed the show time when I looked the first time!
It was hidden in the thread, so i only put it on the 1st post when you reminded me, thanks for that! Any other info that people might need me to put up on the 1st post?

Although its still early to be looking at the weather, the forecast calls for large seas to be moving through this week with the front, but subsiding down a bit by the weekend, hope they go down quite a bit. I dont think i want more than 4ft even with pills. They are calling for 10-12 on wednesday, but back to 6-8 on friday, so there is a chance of it dropping more, lets hope :wink:

Are there any other dives happening this weekend? I looked that the Meet & Greet but did not see any solid plans for divings. So I thought I would post here.

I would like to do a night dive on Friday. Then of course Tenneco Sat. afternoon. Are there any other plans drawn up that I missed?

Thanks,
Joe

There were tentative plans for other dives, but nothing solid as you say. The big problem being the weather/surf conditions through the week possibly screwing up viz off the shore. We might have to play it by ear or call up a local to see if the water is green :wink: I am going to let AD2 know that we are up for 16 divers and hope that the weather is good for saturday! It might be a bit lumpy out there though, should calm down, but doesnt mean its going to be flat calm, bring your dramamine/bonine!

I will cry. I have been looking forward to this weekend since this thread was first posted. I have slowly worked more diving time into my schedule just to hear about poor conditions. I blame Colin!

I will keep my eyes posted and hoping for the best.

Joe

PS> For the record I will do 4 - 6' seas on the right boat

JustJoe:
I will cry. I have been looking forward to this weekend since this thread was first posted. I have slowly worked more diving time into my schedule just to hear about poor conditions. I blame Colin!

I will keep my eyes posted and hoping for the best.

Joe

PS> For the record I will do 4 - 6' seas on the right boat
Yeh i intend to do it unless the seas are horrible. Trust me i have been looking forward to this dive for a while too! Would like a nice dive to celebrate my b'day with and have always wanted to do this one from the first time i heard of it and the glowing trip reports/reviews i read/heard.

Tenneco is a most-fun dive, but yikes - getting the weather to cooperate is going to be tough. Todd's boat is pretty stable, and the run is pretty fast, but 4' to 6' is still a bit gnarly. This time of year is tough for me to get any time to go do fun dives like this - the only times I dived Tenneco was with E-divers once at night and two day dives.
For planning purposes on the 115'-deep tower, I would go with 30% nitrox vice 32% since the underside of the tower is AWESOME with the marine growth and gazillions of fishies living there. You just gotta be real careful not to brush anything ---> so as A.) not to ruin it for everyone else behind you and B.) the stingers will nuke every exposed part of your carcass they touch, especially those tasty ankles.
Anyone driving south to Fort Lauderdale who needs tanks can exit at Copans Road E over to Fill Express on Dixie and get whatever you need. It's pretty close to I-95, and for $15, you can get a full steel 80, 100, 119 or 130 cu. ft tank of your 'trox.
Hope the seas work out for y'all and give my regards to Todd since it's been over a year since I was there last.

Sorry guys, but I have to bail - foul weather or good. I found out today, I will be working on Saturday. I know better than to make plans in December. I hope the weather's great and you all have a blast!

Sorry to see you otherwise occupied Walter.

IF anyone else feels the need to bail, please call it early. I can understand some concern over the conditions, AD2 assures me they dont go out in terrible seas. I gave them an idea that we might be around 14+/- allowing for another cancelation or two. Just let me know, no reprocussions at all, just trying to be fair on AD2. :wink:

BTW, just talked to them and they said that even though today was supposed to be 4-6ft out there it was pretty much flat calm - so who knows. Any others got plans to go out this week before the weekend - Kev?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom