Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Piece of cake. Crumb cake even. Of course those guys seeing me do my intro to cave AND learn the drysuit thought I was rather brave! :D Of course, behind those lying smiles of theirs, I knew what they were REALLY thinking! :D

simon, if they call the dive please call me on my cell as this is a 6 hour drive for me. ok?? I am planning on comming down, leaving here around 6am.352-409-0061 is my cell. thanks

I should hope to know at worst on friday night with a final chat with them. Otherwise it will be a last minute call in the morning! I will be at Jenny's that night so can post if its a non-event :wink:

Thank you very much!!! That would be great if something could be posted on Friday....I know we are driving down early Saturday (or that's the plan) so...
I will watch for updates Friday evening and will assume that if nothing appears , I will assume everthing is a GO...

Jean

Ya, the sooner we know that better. I'm supposed to work Friday night but I plan on taking the night off so it would be a serious waste of a vacation day if we can't go.

I just watched the weather report and it's supposed to be warmer and less windy on Saturday but clowdy with a slight chance of showers. This time of year you never know. Lets all keep our fingers crossed and hopefully everything will work out.

WRT weather this weekend for both this dive and any other we may do (friday or saturday night, saturday or sunday morning), the latest update says:
NOAA website:
.FRIDAY NIGHT...WINDS NORTHEAST 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR
LESS NEAR SHORE AND UP TO 3 TO 5 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF RAIN.
.SATURDAY...WINDS NORTH TO NORTHEAST 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4
FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF
RAIN.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...WINDS NORTH 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF RAIN.
.SUNDAY...WINDS NORTHWEST 20 TO 25 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2
FEET OR LESS BUILDING TO 2 TO 3 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
WELL OFFSHORE...SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN.
So it looks a lot better than the stronger winds and 4-6ft i saw for the gulf stream earlier in the week :wink: This should hopefully stay on. I also have to travel and take time off for this trip, not to mention the planning and wanting to do this dive on my b'day, i will be no less PO'd than anyone about it if this is cancelled!

This is going to be a big let down for a lot of people if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate.

The NOAA forcast you posted looks nice but take it from me, a fustrated former boater, it's more ofter wrong then right. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a good forcast for the local area only to find the sea conditions completely different, rough and nasty. I don't mind 2 to 4 foot seas, it's rough but doable, anything bigger than that is getting too rough. ADII is a nice boat but it's only a 32 footer if I remember right so it's not a comfortable ride in anything rougher then 4 foot.

Hope to see everyone Saturday morning.

Hi all..

the plan for jeandiver and myself is still to drive down early saturday,,

In regards to the dive computers, I will gratefully take either of you up on your kind offers!

I really hate it when things break.....

Jeff

Hay Jeff,

I know what you mean about things breaking. A couple of years ago I dropped a computer and shattered the display on a Thursday afternoon just 3 days before I was due to leave for a Caribbian dive vacation. Talk about having to scramble to get it repaired or replaced before I left.

I have my extra one in my gear bag already so it's you'rs to use if you need it. It's the OMS version of the Dive Rite NiTek If you want to check out the owners manual just click on the link and there's a link to the manual in the lower right corner of the page.

See ya Saturday.

I just called AD2 and asked what the conditions were like. Capt Todd said wet and a little cool but 80 foot of vis :11: and seas were light. He said it should be the same tomorrow so I'm deffinetely in.

See you tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom