Temporarily swapping out Sitech silicone wrist seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wKkaY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can the silicone wrist seals be reused?

So I didn't check my current seal size and ordered standard seals, when the drysuit originally came with small :banghead:

My wrist circumference is 15cm, which is on the upper end of the small seal and in the middle of the standard seal. I've always struggled with removing my wrist seals so that's probably why!

Suppose I wanted to temporarily swap the seals for a few dives to check whether the standard seal leaks. Is it possible or will the QCS rings leave an indent that renders the seals unable to be reused?

Is it possible or will the QCS rings leave an indent that renders the seals unable to be reused?

That would be ******-up and stupid........oh wait, did you say SI-TECH?

As long as they are not torn you can reuse them.

You can do that with latex and Sitech

I remove, clean and re-seat my seals every now and again, never had a leak or problems. Done this 4 or 5 times already this year, seals is 3 year old.

I have not tested the latex seals as I was discouraged to use them as they are apparently thinner that the silicone's...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom