For Sale Silicone Drysuit Neck Seals a cautionary tale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are shaped differently although interchangeable so they, if made by them company they may be made to different specs.

I too thought Si-Tech made the seals for Waterproof, but I can't find anything that specifically indicates that. It occured to me that one company might be owned by the other, so I looked up each company's address in Sweden and they are different. Of course none of that is conclusive.

I prefer the bottle neck shape of the Si-Tech wrist seals. It may just be in my head, but to me it seems there is more contact area between the seal and my wrist/forearm with the Si-Tech seals compared to the Waterpoof wrist seals. Here is a visual comparison with images I culled from google images:

1683341796130.png
1683341870688.png

The last time I recall handling Waterproof wrist seals, I remember them feeling a tad thinner and possibly stretchier than the Si-Tech version. But since purchasing my drysuit in 2018, I have only needed to replace 1 wrist seal...so I am happy with the shape and durability of the Si-Tech ones.

I have at least one Waterproof neck seal in our stash of replacement seals we purchased before moving back to the US...prices in Europe are/were nearly half the cost for neck and wrist seals compared to the US.....I am still using the original Si-Tech neck seal that came with my drysuit, so I have no comment/review of the Waterproof one yet. As I think about this, the shape of the Waterproof neck seal needs to be indexed for the extra fold/pleat to be behind the neck, that does not appeal to me all that much but maybe I will find it to be a non-issue in practice when installing it.

Knocking on wood that my seals have lasted this long.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom