Tell me about your experiences ICE DIVING, learned tips & tricks, and things gone wrong...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

part of my course is how you react getting out of the hole and post dive , 1 you get out of the hole with help, you get help stripping gear , and walk into the heated area get dry and then come out to tender /watch .....no hanging around after the dive outside that's when "things freeze" as you already could be cold and would possibly not notice till to late

I think of it as feeling like a landed salmon.

Actually a good description! Last year I fell off the boat ladder in high seas. The guy who was crewing serves as a safety diver for ice diving. He hauled me up like he would an ice diver. :D

actually bob I was one of your tossers (with 3 other guys ) siltboy was MUCH easier

yeah where is Conair haven't seen him here lately

@abnfrog, next time you get up the energy to run an ice diving course, pencil in an 'alumni' ice dive day. You could sit back and direct. :)

It would be a blast!

-we could put your chair back where it belongs...

The wind blew it into the hole, it sank upright, the sun through the hole was a beam centered on the chair. What was missing in this picture? :wink:

And just in case there is somebody out there who hasn't seen this brilliant vid before, a peek at what we all love:

FWIW, I was the tosser, not the tossee....
Not in the British sense of the word, I assume?

yeah that would be cool......all my ice diving students see jans video ....but I need a year off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom