Telford Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool vid dude. Was that you behind the camera? I am not a cave guy, although it's on my list, but I'd think that the burden of a camera would distract me from the dive. Is/was that the case?

Peace...

Yea I ran it on the telford dive, video actually wasn't as much of a burdon as trying to do pictures in my opinion, don't have to stop, frame things, setup shots or anything, just carry the vid camera, point it, then go back later on the computer and chop it up, didn't use very much light in the telford video just because vis was so low scatter back was a problem, and in other videos the 21 watt was causing hot spots with no video reflector, future vids should look a lot better after we get some video reflectors and more practice behind the camera

Good video, interesting to see what it's like. I would not be a good cave diver, i got a little apprehensive just watching the video, much less squeezing into those small spaces. Thanks for posting it.

Cool stuff !! The video would make a good screen saver

BIGG_BUDD:
Good stuff man. What kind of setup are you using?

It's an old Sony Hi-8 DV camera in a Top Dawg housing. We zip-tied a Light Cannon to it and stuck some tissue paper in the light to act as a diffuser. Worked pretty well (without the tissue paper, you get a hot spot). Hopefully next trip we'll have some more light.

So from the video it appears that there is a 'perminate' larger line in the cave systems you filmed in,,,,I understand that is common in the more common Fl. caves?

Enjoyed the video. Very good quality considering the lighting options. A lot of fun to edit I bet.

Willie

Back
Top Bottom