Teenager with DCS, mother in denial, treatment delayed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oi @ginti this is your reminder, did you find out more information?
Yes and no :D

So I spoke with some divers who often dive in France, but they're not French. They agree that firefighters are probably who would come, but the distribution is not well known, and sometimes ambulance could be closer... So when in doubt call 112, which is European and well connected with any service. In theory at least...

In practice, better stay in touch with someone expert in the area. For instance, Oli in the Lot, or just write down the number of the closest hyperbaric chamber, etc.

In two weeks I will be diving in Marseille, I will speak with the owner of the diving center and let you know (if I remember)

Forget all the other stuff. Let's go back to the boat and the dive.....one of the first things you learn in open water training is to NEVER try to recompress a diver by sending him back under water. O2, transport to ER. Sounds like someone eventually realized they effed this up from the start and are now trying to justify their actions.

.....Let’s keep the snarky comments to a dull roar in the A&I before a different adult comes along and provides spankings.
Nah, they earned it. And maybe a little public shaming will prevent these people and others from doing something as irresponsible in the future. It's not like we're hammering her for wearing split fins or something. She almost killed her son by violating every DCS treatment protocol in the book.

She almost killed her son by violating every DCS treatment protocol in the book.
I have to wonder if they got their "training" from a friend with a C-card so they could do some shallow hunting without bothering with a real course, then got their fills thru him as they explored deeper dives?

Saw this on FB this morning. Happened in FL. It’s one of the strangest diving related things I’ve ever read. 18 year old male was uw hunting. He comes up, mother sends him back down. He’s exhibiting clear DCS symptoms, but nothing is done about getting him medical treatment for hours. Finally ends up in a chamber. Screen shots below for those not on FB.

View attachment 721733View attachment 721734View attachment 721735
Is this some sort of sick joke? True? The list of nonsensical action is long, too long—and ridiculous. Makes me think it is a prank.

And the family tried to take him to his graduation?

🙄🤦‍♀️
They thought he was nervous so they carried him to the car because he could not walk…this can’t be a true story (?). WT…

Maybe they didn't drag him.. They just hooked up the house, and towed the entire works to the school. ;-)
Bahaha

Wait, did y'all miss this was Florida, and you expected more?

LOL

#floridians
Ouch. It was the WEST coast of Fl.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom