Tech1 to Tech2 or Cave1 to Cave2 timeframes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm not very motivated to go any further with training in open water. It seems like the tech folks just go down and look at the bomber over and over again . . .

nobody says you are limited to your own neighborhood. There are some great wreck dives in the great lakes and off the coasts that are tech dives. The deeper they are, the less people have mucked with them.

I also do like the skills challenge too.

Chris

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm not very motivated to go any further with training in open water. It seems like the tech folks just go down and look at the bomber over and over again . . .

Yeah there also folks that dive Seattle's Cove2, LA's Vets Park or the Monteray's Breakwater over and over again... Of course those are inexpensive and not very difficult to schedule. Hence the question about how many dives people are getting in at the T1 or C1 level before "tapping out" and upgrading. Cause T1 and C1 dives can be alot more difficult to put together and it can take awhile to polish skills and/or need to expand your boundaries when you are only doing a few T1 or C1 dives a year. Maybe enough to be "current" but not enough to warrant taking the next class.

Yeah there also folks that dive Seattle's Cove2, LA's Vets Park or the Monteray's Breakwater over and over again... Of course those are inexpensive and not very difficult to schedule. Hence the question about how many dives people are getting in at the T1 or C1 level before "tapping out" and upgrading. Cause T1 and C1 dives can be alot more difficult to put together and it can take awhile to polish skills and/or need to expand your boundaries when you are only doing a few T1 or C1 dives a year. Maybe enough to be "current" but not enough to warrant taking the next class.

Yah, currently I am more limited by boats and buddies than dive spots, but ... there aren't *that* many T1 spots here either, unless you count reefs.

T2 is even worse, and even fewer boats are going to stand for that kind of nonsense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom