Tech1 to Tech2 or Cave1 to Cave2 timeframes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol you are not really used to having to work around currents! Some of our sites I can only dive on a 1/2 moon (not new, not full). So lining those days up with weekends with a slack tide duing the time when you'd actually want to dive (not 4AM!) gets surprisingly difficult. Yes I could do a T1 dive every weekend, on the same ~8 "friendly" sites over and over again, yawn.

lol you are not really used to having to work around currents! Some of our sites I can only dive on a 1/2 moon (not new, not full). So lining those days up with weekends with a slack tide duing the time when you'd actually want to dive (not 4AM!) gets surprisingly difficult. Yes I could do a T1 dive every weekend, on the same ~8 "friendly" sites over and over again, yawn.

Yah, got to watch those currents in the Lake :)

Working around currents here means kicking harder.

The lake is kinda boring, no vis, no life, blech. Nice history but how many times can you go out there to see the same metal...

Working around currents here means kicking harder.
Ehem who's the one whining about diving at Dalco Wall? That was nuthin'.

I'm currently planning a trip for May around a slack tide up in BC. The rapids we want to dive run up to 16 knots on big tides and flip fishing boats in the whirlpools. Fortunately there's a minor +1.2 knot exchange we can actually dive around. Only happens a few times a year when the weekends, moon, daytime, and seasons all get into synch.

I did a dive in the lake about a month ago before I came down with the flu where we actually had current. There were whitecaps on the lake and at 80 feet we had enough current that one particularly bad siltbomb we created got blown away and cleaned up pretty quick.

Yes I could do a T1 dive every weekend, on the same ~8 "friendly" sites over and over again, yawn.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm not very motivated to go any further with training in open water. It seems like the tech folks just go down and look at the bomber over and over again . . .

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm not very motivated to go any further with training in open water. It seems like the tech folks just go down and look at the bomber over and over again . . .

there's 10 different dives in lake washington on the SCRET website, and only 3 of those are planes, and i'm pretty sure there's about 10 planes in lake...

there's 10 different dives in lake washington on the SCRET website, and only 3 of those are planes, and i'm pretty sure there's about 10 planes in lake...

but they're all just boring old metal :)

(at least in the lake, there aren't any darned fish to get in the way of the lumps of metal!)

:D That could be said for cave diving as well: no marine life and same hole over and over again. However, we all know that there's more beyond that. First of all enjoynig in diving itself, then exploration, challenging you skills and performance etc.

That could be said for cave diving as well

Well, you have a point! But at least the water in the caves is warm and clear . . .

There are several groups that are currently exploring Lake Washington. They find more wrecks all the time. Our group Puget Sound Divers just found another 40 ft boat in 200 feet just north of one of the Mine Sweepers just this past weekend. We additionally identified several other potential targets the same day. We have not had a chance to scan them at close range to see if they are in fact submerged cultural recourses as of yet or just a pile of rocks. We will dive the 40 ft boat for the first time next weekend. The side scan we took shows it still has cabin structure. The fun comes from figuring out how these things got there.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom