Tec Training with Chatterton and Capt Gary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Class Dates are October 25th - 30th, 2009 and April 25th - 30th, 2010

Conch Republic Divers is offering a combined certification course in TDI Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures, and Advanced Wreck Diving, with instructors John Chatterton and Capt Gary. This is a comprehensive course that essentially takes Advanced Open Water divers and introduces them to decompression diving and wreck penetration over a six day period. This course covers a lot of ground in a relatively short period of time.

Students must meet the following requirements:

• Students must be at least 21 years of age.
  • Students must be in good health, and have a positive mental attitude.
  • Students must have at least 60 logged dives.
  • Students must be Basic Nitrox, Advanced Diver, and Basic Wreck Diver (or Cavern Diver) certified, or be able to show proof of substitute experience.
This is not SEAL training, and we have a lot of fun in this program, but we are requiring a physician’s sign off for all participants. Student safety is our number one priority. There is a list of required equipment for the course as well, and we will be sending the students their texts in advance. All of the reading and comprehension tests will be done prior to arrival.

Students need to understand the importance of showing up for the class prepared. We will be hitting the ground running and it is imperative that students are ready with the information from the texts, and possess all the necessary equipment. A big part of this program is assisting our students with equipment configuration and adjustment, but you need to arrive with the basics.

We would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have with regards to this program. Feel free to call Captain Gary at (305)852-1655 or dive@conchrepublicdivers.com or visit the website at Dive Training with John Chatterton & Capt Gary. You can also PM me if you have any questions.

Good Diving,

Last edited:
Captain Gary:

Congratulations on putting together an "All Star" faculty for what sounds like an absolutely fantastic program! What could be better than training with the pioneers behind Shadow Divers and, of course, you!

We will be sure to talk it up here!

I'm going to shoot you a PM. I think I might be interested in the April class.

Wish I had a little more money...this is definitely on my dream list!

Street Doc-- yep this is not the working mans tech class. First class training with famous first class instructors calls for a first class price.

It is still tempting though.. $30.00 hr off duty details x 2hrs each = 67 each needed that's alot of time spent standing around :)

That's an insane amount of money!
But it would be like taking guitar lessons from Eric Clapton vs. taking them from the guy at the music shop up the street. Just sayin'.

Guys and Gals,
I took this class in May. It was the best time of my life! If you are even thinking of wreck diving do your loved ones a favor and take this class. This is the real deal from the guys that are really there. I've taken so many classes from Pudknockers that don't have the experience to safely do the dive, let alone teach, it's really pissed me off. I was happy with this one and it's not a class that you are guaranteed to pass. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Dan

I seriously want this course, If I have to sell my body to take this class I will be taking all reasonable offers. Not certain I can put the money together but it is my plan to get it done by the april course. The course is not unreasonable it is just a lot all at one time. Let see, 500 for my birthday, 500 for christmas, 50 a week stashed for lunch money now I only need 1200 more from someplace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom