Teaching in Palm County, FL (Blue Heron Bridge)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakkis

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A friend of mine that lives near West Palm Beach contacted me (PADI IDC Staff) with interest in taking a short specialty course and taking some days off work to goof off after. I would love some advice from local instructors that have experience there as I would love to do right by the local laws/regulations and not ruffle any local feathers.

1. Phil Foster Park commercial permit
Parks & Recreation - Phil-Foster

It looks like I need to apply for a permit and pay a fee to conduct training there. Seems pretty straight forward. Is the county pretty good about issuing these without hassle?

2. Entry fees and park logistics
Haven't found specifics online yet, but it seems like there will be some small day use fee to enter the facilities. Any pointers?
Seems like Lake Worth Lagoon can be temperamental and I've already found several sources of updated tide information to get the best experience.

3. Entries/Exits
Looks like easy, sandy shore entries here. Any docks we can use to enter I haven't been able to find out about?

I appreciate the help!

There is no entry fee or parking fee. Unless you park in the boat trailer spots, then it's a parking ticket for $30!... Parking is completely crazy on the summer weekend, sometimes you can't find any spots and they close the lot. There's no docks there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom