TDI Instructor--Start as PADI or SDI Divemaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RadioActivPenguin

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a relatively new diver, certified for under a year, 60 dives. I'm at the point in my diving career where I am making the decision on where to go with my certifications. My end goal is to be a TDI Advanced trimix instructor, at this point where I can pick which agency to go with, should I become a PADI Divemaster at my LDS, or find a new diveshop and get an SDI Divemaster Cert?

Thanks,
Nick

You don't need to be SDI to be a TDI instructor. In fact, I know several TDI instructors that are not affiliated with SDI other than SDI and TDI being "sister" agencies. If you're happy with your current shop, then go that route. Once you become a recreational instructor and build up enough dives to teach technical courses (hopefully several hundred), you can just find a TDI IT and complete the instructor courses for the courses you want to teach.

Back
Top Bottom