Taxi or shuttle to Radisson Fort George, Belize City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the "Know Before You Go" posted on the Aggressor website, they mention an airport lounge with free wifi that might be a gathering spot for sharing a cab. I haven't been in BZE if others that have would like to comment. I'm with @BDSC 's group but on a different flight that arrives within an hour of his.

I’ll be staying at the Radisson Fort George in Belize City. Do you recommend taking a taxi or hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

Does anybody know the taxi fare? Is it flat rate from the airport or negotiated? Would the hotel shuttle be the better option?

The Radisson is out on the point close to where the ferry comes in. It's $20-25 to the ferry for 2. Should be the same. Don't leave the hotel area after dark, not good.

The Radisson is out on the point close to where the ferry comes in. It's $20-25 to the ferry for 2. Should be the same. Don't leave the hotel area after dark, not good.

I’ve heard it’s a little sketchy there too. And when I go there on a cruise, I didn’t feel too safe either. Thanks for the tip!

Take a taxi. You will not have to wait for others or for the shuttle to make the round trip.

If you arrive on LOB departure day then the boat includes a shuttle service. We have had to wait at the airport for more than an hour for the rest of the boat shuttle passengers to show up.

We head down in July 1 day early and will take a taxi.

Giffenk has it. $25 for cab. Get to the fort George . Good bar/pool - better than waiting at the airport.

But i arrive the day before and recommend that .

So the next question is where to eat supper?

Giffenk has it. $25 for cab. Get to the fort George . Good bar/pool - better than waiting at the airport.

But i arrive the day before and recommend that .

Yup, we’re arriving a day before and staying at the Radisson Fort George.

I eat at the bar at FG. Gilbert mixes a small but good margarita. And the food is ok. There's also a place that is left/North along the waterfront about a half mile. I can't remember the nAme of it, but it's across the road from the water. It was ok, too .

Edit: the name is "Celebrity".

Edit again: I tried the p!ace behind FG. It was not good the night we went.

Last edited:
It's been awhile, but we thought the food at the Radisson was nothing special but ok. For one night waiting to board, it's a perfectly fine and convenient place to hang out and get watered and fed.

There were a couple quite nice craft shops not too far a walk (besides whatever is in the tourist village) and we felt ok with walking there during the daytime. Also walked to the tourist village, though If there's no cruise ship in probably most of the things in there will probably be closed, you might find a few open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom