Tasty Mulas - new local spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its actually a plate of meat, cheese, peppers, onions, lime, etc with a stack of tortillas I think there was rice and beans as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That was my question too, before mstevens asked and mike answered. Sounds like a make-your-own-burrito. I do hope avocado/guacamole is included in the "etc..."

They seemed quite accommodating so if you ask I'm sure they would provide it.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2014 at 02:08 PM ----------

Pretty gutsy to charge more than L.A. Mexican food prices in Mexico. Cozumel used to be a bargain.

Well if you are looking for super cheap, it's hard to beat Chillangos.

I'd love to know what "mulas" are in this context and why they're worth USD$7.66 each.
A SoCal blog describes them as a taco with melted cheese (only $3.75 at Tacos el Gordo de Tijuana), but this may differ from the Tasty Mula:

mula-with-adobada-500x375.jpg

For that matter, I'm also curious what "tatoques" are.
I can't find any reference to an edible tatoque. A tatoque was a eight-member advisory council to the chief in Mayan communities. ("Un aspecto fundamental fue la existencia de un Consejo llamado Tatoque que servía de soporte al cacique y estaba constituido por ocho miembros cuidadosamente escogidos entre los individuos de mayor rango de la comunidad")

---------- Post added April 4th, 2014 at 12:36 PM ----------

Or "tacos chiflados" ("cracked tacos").
I would translate that as crazy tacos. Not that it gives any more meaning to the phrase.

Maybe look at the post directly above yours?

At least I think that's the question he was answering.

oopz! posted before reading the entire post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom