Tank Trollies/carts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

envious

New
Reaction score
hey guys, im not a diver but i have alot of diver friends, and i must laugh everytime i see the bruises on there chins and hear them moan about carrying their tanks around.This is just to find out if the diver likes or dislikes, weve made a few demos and they work great, patent pending

My uncle is a diver and me and my dad r the technicians we designed a single tank and double tank trollies which fit in ur cars boot, with straps to keep them in place no more worries about bottles rolling around in ur car, adjustable handles, broad plastic wheels to prevent sinking into the sand, when laid down theres even a bracket to hold an umbella either to keep bottles out the sun or to use as a seat, very light and powder coated in different colours(even pink for the ladies)

thx guys!!! comments appreciated

Plastic wheels don't thrill me. They make noise and don't hold up well. They need to be wide enough and large enough to handle rough and sandy terrain.

Its also nice in some cases if it allows the option to carry a set of doubles with plate, wing, regs attached.

Doubles seldom roll in a trunk unless you are taking corners really fast.

Doubles do weigh upwards of 100 lbs, so durability is key and keeping them on a trolly in the trunk may be a non starter if it means lifting 10 more pounds.

I have had very good luck with a $29.00 telescoping and folding trollie from home depot, so that is your primary competition in my opinion.

Strenmght wise, it either needs to be inexpensive, or durable enough to survive a 100 plus pound pair of doubles falling over on it or it fallign over with doubles attached.

Here is what I use:
DSC04320_Small_.JPG

DSC04320_Small_.JPG

DSC00003_Small_.JPG

Can you tell me where you got the combination hardcase & tank holder? My wife & I are making a trip to SoCal with several shore dives planned. These would be perfect for the difficult hikes necessary to reach some of the sites!!

Those boxes are Stanley Mobile Tool Chests. Home Depot and then I just attached the cam bands.

hey guys, im not a diver but i have alot of diver friends, and i must laugh everytime i see the bruises on there chins and hear them moan about carrying their tanks around.This is just to find out if the diver likes or dislikes, weve made a few demos and they work great, patent pending

My uncle is a diver and me and my dad r the technicians we designed a single tank and double tank trollies which fit in ur cars boot, with straps to keep them in place no more worries about bottles rolling around in ur car, adjustable handles, broad plastic wheels to prevent sinking into the sand, when laid down theres even a bracket to hold an umbella either to keep bottles out the sun or to use as a seat, very light and powder coated in different colours(even pink for the ladies)

thx guys!!! comments appreciated

Any photos of the product?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom