So what happened on MY Fantasy Island trip...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used Capitol One all over the world and have NEVER been charged a foreign transaction fee. Even the exchange rate is lower than most hotels have.

My girlfriend and had a great time the same week. We would go again next year with a group trip if someone organized one. Our dive shop is doing a live aboard next year and she wont do a trip like that. I have capital one to no over sea charge but the interest went up to 17% with the new credit card rules. Just pay it off when you get back ASP.

My card is through my credit union but they outsource and service through another bank. I did have some foreign transaction fees show up, about 1/2% in Roatan where they did not do same in Mexico. So YMMV on the fees although you may get a better exchange rate which could more than cancel out the fee...

Thanks for the trip report DD, and the pics. I was there about a year ago and am anxious to go back. Had a great time.

I see you're a fan of the indigo hamlet :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom