San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Dive Trip; So, Where Is BELIZE, Anyway?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scuba Joe

Neil Watson does not own a part nor does he own Aqua Dives Neal does not own any of the operations he advertises what Neal does is have a marketing agreement with dive operators in different parts of the world that he sticks his name ot and gets them alltogether to share advertisign adn he promotes them as Undersea Adventures he has no investment in any of the operations other than marketing and promoting each destination for which he makes a commision on each booking.

I am sure Neal would like to know about any complaints because his name is associated with.

regards

Gaz

But I forgot to tell you about the Nitrox. I've arranged a discount deal with Pro Tech - rather than $15 a tank, only $10 if a diver bought a package covering all 16 dives. Five of us signed up and paid the first day.

Problem might be solved if there were a standard price for Nitrox no matter who sells it

Dive Safe

Gaz

Gaz,
Thanks for the info on Neil Watson. I assumed he was part owner from some information I'd recieved from somewhere else. He did seem concerned about the problems I had at Aqua Dives.
One of these days I'll come and stay at your place! How much of a hassle is it to get to BC's Beach Bar from your place? I'd feel bad if I went to Ambergris and didn't go see Ernie!

Joe

Hey Joe

We are located 5 miles north of town but we have a boat especially for when guests want to go into town also water taxis run into town every 2 hours also and NOW you can even rent a golf cart all the way up here and drive into town, so getting to BC's is not really a problem in fact its a regular stop for us on sundays for the Bar B Que :dazzler1:

Dive Safe

Gaz

I checked the 2003 undercurrent Chapbook when I booked this trip, and found several good reviews about Aqua Dives. The 2004 book came out right after, with only one "average" mention. I guess they have fallen off drastrically in quality, and annual books may not give up to date info. Yes, I asked on SB, too, but little info here.

And it wasn't just my boat. The skippers and crew on the other AD boats may have been more professional, but the boats were all the same - lousy, especially for the long trip to the Blue Hole or Turneff Island, which took longer than it would have on a better boat.

Also noticed in the 2003 Chapbook that Nitrox was not avialble on Ambergris Caye, and there was no menion of Pro Tech, which I guess is too new to be in even the 2004 book. I sent my report to them yesterday, so maybe they'll excerpt from it well enough to warn others.

And anyone on SB who runs a search on Aqua Dives should find this report... :D

I dove with Amigos Del Mar.. there were a few times that aquadives seemed upset that they had to give up the mooring they were tied too... that Amigos installed! Then shoved off and throttled their way around, after just dropping off divers on a drift dive.. What if someone was having problems and was coming to the surface? They seemed rude and didn't seem to care about safety.

I didn't have a single complaint about Amigos in the 31 dives I made with them in May.

May be a little late for this thread, but...

Amigos Del Mar was among the top 2 dive shops I've ever used (the other being Jack's Diving Locker on the Big Island). Man, those guys were friendly, accommodating and very professional. They picked us up at our dock promptly every morning, kept and rinsed all our gear each night, arranged for land tours, and gave us an incredible 3-tank day to the Blue Hole and outer atolls. I'm not one to buy logo-gear, and they're the one and only shop I've ever purchased a shirt from. I sent them a lengthy kudos letter after the trip.

Just my thoughts,
Tony

Yes, I've heard a lot of good about them. I think that Pro Tech was refers customers to them as needed, and that says a lot about them, too.

What is nice about diving at ProTech if you use nitrox, he has it right there at the dock. I think the other dive operators tend to do it on a special order basis. I have seen Roni's compressor station. It is really nice. Oh yeah, I am still down here, not even completely dry from my last dive with Protech. Saw a couple of eagle rays yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom