San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Dive Trip; So, Where Is BELIZE, Anyway?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Update needed , Great thread but is this info still accurate?
I doubt that it is. Some things change slowly in places like this, some surprisingly fast. If I went today, tho - I'd dive Pro Tech for sure. This is the owner's profile here on SB: Peterbj7

Thanks for that, Don, but an update is required and I will post one shortly. Not just yet though.

I was in Belize in December of 2006, and dove with ... damned if I can be sure, but if I had to take a bet, it'd be Amigos Del Mar. Fun diving in the coral canyons off of Ambergris. Honestly, it wasn't a dive vacation for me, it was a vacation that had a good amount of diving mixed in, and there seems to be enough dive shops in San Pedro that if you don't like the one you're with, settle the tab and move to the next. Of course, thats a year and a half ago now too.

Either way, and the important part that was missed from Don's original post is that Belize is awesome for diving and for everything else - even at the very end of the rainy season. I wish I was there right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom