Tank covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are your tanks do what you want. This sport is all about personal preference.

IE. I think the only use for AL tanks is for deco/stage bottles but then again I do mostly tec dives with doubles and use big steels with H-valves for my rec dive or small tec stuff.

Hey guys! I found a new scuba tank cover product called Wettskins. I bought one a few months ago and I would definitely recommend it!! I had one of those heat-shrink plastic covers a couple years back and it just did not work well- salt deposits built up between my tank and the plastic and like multiple other people on this thread have already posted, it had to be cut off for the VIP.

Wettskins comes in about 30 different colors and patterns and uses a stretchy fabric that seems to hold up under normal conditions (I've done about 30 dives so far and no problems). I've had dozens of people ask me about it on the dive boats. Definitely a way to stand out!
If this one holds up through the summer, i'll definitely be buying some more for Christmas stocking stuffers for all my dive buddies!

WWW.WETTSKINS.COM

Cheers! :D
Hey everyone, this guy seems legit. There is no way he works for that manufacturer.

To the point at hand, I think protecting the cylinder is more of an issue for painted tanks. I have a mix of tanks (because they were all bought used at low prices), and the painted ones pick up a scratch every time you load them onto another cylinder unless you're incredibly careful.

I don't use the mesh covers, but some of my family do:acclaim:. They are also a huge hassle when shops want to check the vis sticker.

Hey everyone, this guy seems legit. There is no way he works for that manufacturer.

To the point at hand, I think protecting the cylinder is more of an issue for painted tanks. I have a mix of tanks (because they were all bought used at low prices), and the painted ones pick up a scratch every time you load them onto another cylinder unless you're incredibly careful.

I don't use the mesh covers, but some of my family do:acclaim:. They are also a huge hassle when shops want to check the vis sticker.

I am a bit more pessimistic, new user WtJetBoy05, 3 post, 2 are duplicates promoting same product?

That aside, I admit the fabric is a nice way around some of the issues. But it comes back to the question of WHY? With any dive product I want to know WHY I need it. The only WHY is see is because it looks cool. I am already looking like a walrus in a wetsuit and gear (actually a walrus would be an improvement), so I figure I am a lost cause in the looking cool issue. Unless there is enough improvement in functionality to offset the added complexity (not to mention cost), I am not going to screw with it and use the money to pay for some more dives.

snot running down your face is not negated by a cute tank....

I hope my sarcasm wasn't lost on you.

It was, I should never post after drinking beer or before drinking coffee :)

Back
Top Bottom