Tank bands for stages (yes or no)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I fail to see the reference here. The actual placment of the side mounts was not what killed him nor other equipment configuration. So why imply that it was? 'VERY dead'?? Vs somwhat dead? :wink: naa not going to touch that one. (teasing)

Seriously I have no intention of doing that side mount setup.

Ed

Ed,

You are an accident waiting to happen. It is apparent that you do not have the ability to discern the difference between different diving methods and why there are used. The configuration that you are apparently employing with deco bottles, cameras and silly configurations will get you killed. You really need to step back from the computer and go out and dive and get the proper training.

omar

Hello,

Words of encouragment is always welcome. Thanks for yours.

Ed

I wasn't sure if I wanted to jump into this one, but what the heck. When I got into technical diving, I asked myself who are the most radical group of nut case divers in the world? Deep cavers (IMO). Among the deep cavers, who has the best track record? WKPP (unquestionable). What are they doing that makes them successful? DIR. Will it work for my type of diving? Deep cold water wrecks -- yes (and virtually any type of diving at that).
There, problem solved. You must accept the fact that there are those out there that know more than you do and learn from them. I choose to learn from the best, and they are out there sharing their experiences for free. Ask yourself why they do it? Perhaps they are just feeding their ego, or perhaps they really want to enhance safety in the diving community.

There, now go back at it.

Mike

Hello,

I disagree and here is why.

The DIR people are the most self centered, egotistical, arrogant, obnoxious, rude, obscene, lacking any scientific and medical standards, boastful, testosterone junkies and not to mention peddle their method to everyone. Oh don't forget the fact that if you don’t follow them, with out question, down to the letter (and if you die they will disown you) then you get harassed, bashed, belittled, made fun of (for ANYTHING you say or do). Now with this being said I fail to see how *ANYONE* would want to follow this. I do admit some of the equipment configuration has advantages.

Now you know how I feel and I refuse to follow the GUE/DIR (Generic Unintelligent Echelons /Died In Recompression). Do not preach GUE/DIR to me.

Ed

I suppose I can take that as an insult, and you probably deserve your fair share of flame, but that's not how I work. You've mentioned a bunch of bad personality traits that a few people have, but nothing specific against DIR itself. I have yet to see a valid arguement against the system for tech diving (and I've been on these boards a long time), but when I see one, I'll acknowledge it. I've seen a lot smoke screens like the one you've done, but it always comes down to the fact that DIR will work exceedingly well for virtually any diving environment -- period.
This isn't preaching, but rather a discussion. DIR discussions can and do take place in a civil manner, but sometimes a bad apple pops up to disrupt things (often on both sides of the discussion). People, such as myself, who dive DIRish feel compelled to share their experience with others. I couldn't care less how you choose to dive, with whom you choose to dive, or where you choose to dive. If you want to have a civil discussion or debate on an issue, I'll bite, but otherwise do as you will. You obviously seem to have a tremendous amount of experience in extreme technical diving and thus have everything figured out. Perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us.

Good luck to you.

Mike

Ed your statement above doesnt even deserve a reply. (Infact that begs the question why did I bother.)

you can not dive "DIR-ish".. you're either "DIR" or "an accident waiting to happen"

so which is it ? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom