Tank bands for stages (yes or no)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stroke-boy, I mean NetDoc...

Do you wear a back-up mouse bungeed around your neck at work?

;-)

Just so there is no mistake here --
THIS IS MEANT AS A JOKE AND IS NOT A SERIOUS POST. IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE, I AM TRULY SORRY.

Hello,

Wise man one said "it takes a stroke to know a stroke" so you speaking from experience here or what? :wink:

Ed

Just be glad that Bill Gates has nothing to do with dive gear... or dive computers... "Your Dive profile has just Committed a Fatal Error and you will be Terminated... Abort, Retry, or kiss your arse goodbye?"

They took "Miscrosoft Works" off the shelf for a reason... it was an oxymoron.

You know Large Diver, I do carry backups, of mice, and power supplies, and NICs, and a lot more than I carry for a day of diving... BTW, your joke was well taken, have you read the "DIR is not just for diving" thread??? Too funny!

Still a Stroker (or is it just a Stroke???)

:tease:

Blacknet, I too am interested in the science that is gained in cave exploration. Though far from a scientist, I'm quite amazed by what they are finding and learning in those cave systems. Have you read the science section of the WKPP web site (http://www.wkpp.org/science.htm)? I read somewhere that the underwater fresh water caves in Florida contain more volume of water than all of the Great Lakes.

Mike

Hello,

Thats all fine and all, but, what reason do you have going there and doing that? What research project(s) do you conduct? Surveying something that's been surveyed countless times is not scientific :wink:

Ed

Hey all...

Mountains are climbed just because they are there. That can be the same with springs/caves/oceans, you name it. The reason there are so many different diving disciplines is that there are so many different reasons for diving. I will not judge why anyone dives the waters that they dive in, or which discipline they employ. I know why I dive, and am comfortable with that. The waters of this earth are big enough for ALL of us. Just go get wet!

Just Strokin' along...

:tease:

Those are good questions, but I certainly can't answer them as I know very little about the science part of their program. From what I gather, they are doing a great deal of science. Don't ask me what the practical applications of the science would be because I just don't know. The same type of thing can be asked about many types of exploration (space would be a good one).
I do know that they are continuously exploring and surveying various branches of the system that haven't been done before. I suspect that knowing where the fresh water is located will someday become very important. I've read we are depleating our fresh water supply pretty quickly. For the time being, I think most of them do it as a hobby and for enjoyment with the hopes that someday their efforts will somehow benefit society (sounds good anyway).
I guess we all have our reasons for diving, and I can't say that anybody's reason is bad, I guess. Personally, I like intact, well preserved wrecks, and the deeper you go the better they get. Unnecessary and foolish deaths as the result of poor training and/or equipment irratates me quite a bit. I also get a little upset when various agencies ignore proven safe diving practices, but allow greed to affect their judgment with the end result sometimes being grave for those that follow them.

Anyway, so much for the band thread, eh?!

Mike

The main drive for a cave diver must be the exploration of the unknown. I suspect that this is the major reason why the majority of cave divers choose to dive in caves.

Beacuse some people cant fathom out in your own head why people "choose" to dive caves they must shun them, but why?

I am going to dive caves when i have the experience because i find that alot of cave formations are awe inspiring and also often beautiful to look at, does this make me not "right" in the head then? As a sideline i may probably get into cave diving to take bacterial/algal samples, since new species of these organisms (and there properties) can be very important to us.

The adrenaline junkies and speed freaks are the species which took the human race forward by trying new things and pushing limits. Where do you think we would be today if such people didnt exist?

Hello,

Always been told that it was the endorphine junkies who helps keep the populations gene pool in check (cause they are always turning up dead from various stuff thus causing reduced chances of offspring)

Ed

Back
Top Bottom