Tank bands for stages (yes or no)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LY i am not too sure what your trying to say? Do you mean wannabes like me or are you talking about people in some kind of metaphoric genetic reference?

:D That's funny. No, I was just referring to those who dive beyond their abilities and gear. The type that have more ego or false sense of confidence than common sense. These are the type that get into trouble the most often (well, at least from what I've seen first hand).

Take care.

Mike

Oki dokey , understood :---)

This is getting all too serious for me lol

/ gos to the store for a sense of humour

All this talk about attitude and philosophy in diving has got me wondering: attitude I understand; be safe, dive within your training, abilities, yada yada. But what's with the philosopy? I mean, I'm Jewish, does that count? :^)

Neil

Disclaimer: I'm really new, both to the board and diving.

Okay, I thought I'd check out this thread even though I really haven't a clue what all this "stages" talk is about.
I mean, with 5 pages, I'd have to learn something, right?

Here's what I've learned:

1.There is some dive philosophy called "DIR" which I have only the vaugest idea of.. I've heard it referred to before, and it seems like a real elitist bunch. "Elitist" threatens people and it is often taken as a derogatory term. Problem is, elitists usually have a point and are quite often right. As long as the pride of being right doesn't alienate everybody else they can be okay. I relate this to my ownership of a Ducati. When it comes to sportbike riding, we "Do It Right". It isn't all about top end speed, its about usable power, precise handling at the edge and an extreme style. We are elitists, we are proud, but 6 out of the last 7 World Superbike Championships seem to indicate that we also have a point. I'm really interested in finding a group of DIR divers in my area to talk to.

2.There is a list or board about Tech diving that Blacknet has apparently been ostracised from. Maybe he deserved it, maybe he didn't. But he seemed to come here asking a fair question and he seems to have proposed a solution that at one time was a standard practice. Even if he is wrong, he was being civil. I hope that some of my dumb-A$$ questions don't get me cast out.. I'm sure that I'll ask them soon if I haven't already.

3. Some people who choose to go 100+' in cold water to look at rusty old boats without any apparent scientific/research/vocational reason think that other people are reckless for going into dark holes filled with cold water without those reasons. Hmmmm? One man's reckless is another man's warm-up. In rock climbing, I've been on both sides of that divide. I like solo climbing, which some consider downright stupid, but you won't catch me 100' up a cliff with no ropes. I choose not to free climb like that because it scares the beejeebuzuses outta me... but I don't judge those with the guts to do it as reckless.

4.Moderators here don't jump in when a thread goes a bit off-topicor tempers start to get a little flared... I like that.

Anyway, thanks for the 5 page education on the local politics. :wink:

Be Gentle: Remember my Disclaimer: I'm really new, both to the board and diving.

We're in trouble now, if NetDoc likes the way you reason!

Kinda like having Charles Manson saying I like your thought process.

ID

Uh ID...

I think this knife I just pulled from my back is yours... Don't mention it, I'm just happy to help... Hey look, now I got a built in sheath!

:tease:

(And I still like the way he thinks... nyeah!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom