Tank bands for stages (yes or no)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Yes they come in 2 flavors boat/marine clips (cave) and the swivel cips (wreck). To set the record strait I did order the dive-rite setup, the wreck version (non-suicide clips) My choice was based not on peer pressure but on a carefuly thought out unbiased look at all the varieties available (it was around 10 total)

Ed

If you know Lamar than you know that he will use the cheapest if it is a reasonable solution.

And it is Harry that does the web site.

The main point of the post was to demonstrate to Ed that there is a better and safer way than neck rings, metal bands and metal to metal connections.

And Ed ........

B.S.

Hello,

Well for what it's worth i'm going to start with it on my side cliped to the bc so it can be easily removed. Like recomended i'm going to be playing with it and see what's best for me.

This answer your question?

Ed

Hello,

No plastic rings on my bc. Purpose is nitrox. Why the left?

Ed

Hello,

OK that's good logic :wink: I read to balance (if carying multiples) on each side. But then they recomended to band the long hose on the tank (again one of the many config's) OH almost forgot. If the stage goes on the left and the long hose on the right then where will the 3 camera units go? :wink:

Ed

Did you say strapped to the tank ? Who are they ? Balance ?

Balance will go unnoticed and you will like it - trust me.
You should be breathing the long hose. It wraps partly around your neck. Very streamlined and comfortable. Ready to donate to your ooa buddy - you will like it ,trust me.

Three cameras ? I bet you decorate one hell of a tree at christmas time . :)

Ron

Hello,

OK wraping the long hose is one method (not the ONLY method) another is to tie it behind your neck, another is to tie it on the right side of the tank, seen another that was tied up to the sholder strap. ('tie', in this case, means to remove the slack in the hose in a manner that's easily deployable AND non hinderance to the diver)

I believe it was rob palmer who dove with one tank on each side and NONE in the classic center back position. "balance" in this case would be if you have 2 stages then place one on each side, i.e. one on the left and one on the right (this method also states put the long hose in tubing on the back tank to remove the slack.

So over all you have many variations to use. Just a question of which is best for what your doing.

Yes 3 cameras and no I don't do the xmas thing. I primarly do underwater photography.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom