Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fins (TanDelta) which colour?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have just ordered my Excellerating Force Fins Tan Delta :D
But, i can't decide what colour to get

I've told the UK distributor that I will tell him tomorrow morning the colour that I want

Two years ago I saw the Emerald Green and really like them
a light translucent green

but, then today a friend sent me this, this is not the same colour as I saw before

Are there two types of green?
or maybe this looks very dark because the diver is standing on a dark mat

Does anyone have a photo of the colour of Emerald Green that they can send to me
I need to have my final decision by tomorrow morning

What colour would you get if you were going to buy some?

2yvwdmu.jpg

Venus,
The green we are making for the Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fin looks like the one Bob is holding in the picture + or - 1%. They are not as dark as the Tan Delta Force Fin Jonathan Bird is holding. 2nd the photo your friend sent you is a photoype used for testing and it is BLUE
So in making your choice the Emerald Green Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fin looks very similar to the photo below
Excellerating_force_fin.jpg

Hope this helps and I look forward to any photos any of the members of scubaboard will post. If I had to choose between Red and Green I would go with the Red
extdrrwhiskersice.jpg

Thanks - Red it is

Now I need to sort out size!

And for size do you have any thoughts, my dry suit boots measure 28cm around the outside at their widest point
Do you know if I should get XL to fit these?

My wetsuit boots are smaller so I hope to use the same fin with comfort inserts

Venus

I just got my Tan Deltas.......

wow what a treat going from BLACK
DSC_0063.jpg

to Ruby Red

... oh yea

Will post a photo soon.

Regards,
Bob C.

well if someone opened the thread i have a few things to ask since im planning on purchasing a pair for my birthday:
1.do they come with whiskers ?
2.do they come with the comfort insteps ?

Venus,
One step closer. You mention 28cm at the widest do you mean at its longest? My foot is 26.5cm long and it is of normal width. I use a XXL with a comfort instep and only take out the instep when using a rock boot style dry suit. I keep the instep in when using my flexible sole dryusit and my 5mm wet boot.
It will come down to what type of boot you are using. Poseidon Diving UK will be able to get you in the right size as they have great knowledge of Force Fins and excellent customer service.

Ickis,
All of our Force Fin products that are made in the Tan Delta material come with comfort insteps and if you purchase a model that incorporates the Variable Thrust Technology using our Force Wings - Whiskers also are part of your purchase.

good to know- im planning on getting them today or tomorrow for my birthday along with darkfin gloves (that my brother thought were way cool, plus i needed gloves anyway :p).

Hi Blair

If I put my dry suit boots on and measuring at the ball of the foot all the way around my sole and top of my foot (the widest point) it comes to 28cm circumference
ie. the bit above my toes

I'm thinking the L may be too snug for my boot to fit in
that's why I'm looking at XL

I'm not sure I can really use the sizing chart because I have three pairs of boot and they are all different thickness', but I'm putting the same size feet in them ... if you know what I mean

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Venus

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom