Tampa’s Best Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zardoz

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’ve got a friend coming to town the last week in March who wants to go diving. We’ve got two days and they want to hit two different spots.

If you had to pick only two locations in the greater Tampa area to take a visiting diver, where would you go?

Here’s some info that may aid in your thought process. The visiting diver has a rescue diver certification, hasn’t been diving for a while, and has never been diving in fresh water.

Thanks!

I like the Sheridan and while I've yet to dive it, I've long wanted to visit the Blackthorn which is right next door to the Sheridan.

Definitely the Sheridan, Blackthorn, and the little shrimper (if you can find it). All three spots are in one area.

I also like The South Jack and Ten Fathoms. Oh and the Betty Rose and RJ Thompson and gosh do I µiss diving, ugh.

I'll second what MissD and Walter said plus I'll add Tabletop ledge, the pinellas and pasco tanks.

If they have never been in fresh water you know about the springs although they are a long ride.

Thanks for these great suggestions. I wasn’t familiar with about half of them, so now my must dive list just got longer. If anyone wants to do any of these spots in the future, please let me know.

For my friend, I was hopping to hit a spring and somewhere in the Gulf, but now there are some doubts about which and how many days she can dive. So I may have to stick with places that are flexible.

Thanks again!

wait wait wait...

i live in Lakeland - and always drive to jupiter/pompano/riviera beach...

you're saying there are good dives in tampa?

Are these shore dives?

Anyone wanna play tour guide?

Hell Yeah there's good dives in Tampa. The only shore dives are south about an hour or so but worth the drive. The rest you have to hit by boat.

wait wait wait...

i live in Lakeland - and always drive to jupiter/pompano/riviera beach...

you're saying there are good dives in tampa?

Are these shore dives?

Anyone wanna play tour guide?

:shakehead: Another diver deprived of the diving heaven that is the Florida West coast, and more importantly, the chance to meet me :mooner:.

J/K - mynamehere, anybody here in the Tampa area would love to play tour guide. We all dive so much that with the economy the way it is, I'm surprised I haven't seen any of us on the streets outside boat ramps with little cardboard signs saying "Will work for air". I laminated mine in case it rains......

Zardos - Sheridan and Ginnie springs ball room or Sheridan and Blue Grotto. unless you don't like her that much, then you could do the sugar barge and the hudson grotto.

i have a sign that says will work for boat ride.:dork2:

ATTENTION all tour guides:

Sunday is good for me. (i know its Easter, but its still good for me)

If not, maybe next weekend.

I even have my own buddy - for those of you who arent into 'insta' buddying.

Whats the water temp like over there on that side?

Narcosis...:jester: bring it.

i have a sign that says will work for boat ride.:dork2:

After April 18th you can carry my tanks to my boat for a ride out to the Sheridan, but keep in mind I use double 100's :11::D

Narcosis...:jester: bring it.

fiesty, I like her already! Hey Eandiver, we got a live one :eyebrow: I wonder if she cave dives, sounds like the type.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom