Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gots no problems wit help from a veteran. Until I get to know you guys better I would rather you help or do the planning. That way if somethings screwed up I have plausible deniability:kiss2:

Well I will give Betty at the Sea Echo a shout tomorrow and get the rates and such.:jump3:

To give us an idea of charter availability and pricing I emailed Loggerhead today. They do not appear to have a booking calendar on their website.
Loggerhead Dive Charters of Boynton Beach, FL

I asked for prices, availability, cancellation policy, payment instructions, and what's included (air, weights, snacks, etc. ?)

I will update here when I receive a reply.

Bruce

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I received the following reply from Loggerhead:

"Our regular price is $65.00 + Tax per person. Since you have 8 or more we’ll charge you $60.00 + tax per person.

This is for the trip; we have snacks & drinks on board that’s included. Gear & tanks are extra.
Air tanks are $10.00 each + tax.
Nitrox tanks are $15.00 each + tax.
Weights are $5.00 per person.

We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. In other words once you give us a # of spots you want, within 48 hours if anyone cancels you will be charged.

If we cancel because of weather or unsafe conditions there will be no charge. We usually check the ocean the day of the trip & make a decision to run or not to run.
Since you coming from Tampa I would suggest if the weather is questionable to call before you leave & we’ll make a decision about the trip so you won’t make the trip for nothing.

As far as payment we accept Cash or Check ... Sorry No Plastic. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I replied with an additional question asking if payment or deposit was required in advance of trip day.

I'll post the reply when I receive it.

Bruce

"Our regular price is $65.00 + Tax per person. Since you have 8 or more we’ll charge you $60.00 + tax per person.

This is for the trip; we have snacks & drinks on board that’s included. Gear & tanks are extra.

We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. In other words once you give us a # of spots you want, within 48 hours if anyone cancels you will be charged.

If we cancel because of weather or unsafe conditions there will be no charge. We usually check the ocean the day of the trip & make a decision to run or not to run.
Since you coming from Tampa I would suggest if the weather is questionable to call before you leave & we’ll make a decision about the trip so you won’t make the trip for nothing.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Payment is due on date of dive.

Bruce

I replied with an additional question asking if payment or deposit was required in advance of trip day.

I'll post the reply when I receive it.

Bruce

Wow! Dive ops up this way give a $10 discount for groups, AND take plastic!

Ah shoot, just sat down and realized I forgot to call Betty @ SeaEcho. Will try and call in just a minute here.

I'd be hip for a night dive Friday!

Sign me up!

- Boats

Does this mean you will be going Friday day beach dive also or just Friday night ... and Saturday?

Bruce

Does this mean you will be going Friday day beach dive also or just Friday night ... and Saturday?

Bruce

My suggestion; we stay at the Sea Echo. I say the Sea Echo because there are a couple of benefits to staying there; we could then arrive into town, check into our room, do some dives (2), relax, eat (restaurants in walking distance), goof around in the rooms, whatever. Another bonus to staying there is we can gear up and walk across the road to our dive site! Later in the evening, we can do a night dive at the same spot. We will have already done some dives there so we will know the lay of the land, so to speak. And three dives on that reef will NOT be boring.

One or two Friday Day dives and one night dive on Friday followed by a charter Saturday then home.

I've called Betty but haven't heard back yet. I am going to be on my roof most of the day so if someone wants to give her a try and get rate info here is here contact info:

Sea Echo Apartments
4209 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308
(954) 776-5803

She is a small business and doesn't charge a whole lot hence, she does not take plastic (saves that 3% fee) :)

When I get off the roof, if no one has posted, I will try her again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom