Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our last discussion was to drive over early Friday and do some shore dives, (which I have never done, so MissD will have to be in charge of that part) then check into our rooms.

I would like to charter a boat and do a night dive friday night. We would then get up and do the first trip out on the Loggerhead Sat morning arriving back at the marina around 12:30.

We, my girls and I, will more than likely leave after the Sat morning dives and come back to Dunedin.

The above is open for discussion, all the way to going elsewhere, different boat, whatever. We have done this schedule and boat many times so I know the routine and think it will be fun. The only part that I wonder about is the shore dive part, but I trust MissD to lead us. To infinity and BEYOND!!!:shocked2:

Well first I'd like to offer the following info from Marvel to help in the decision making process for rooms. Sea Echo is the best to me. The lady there is awesome. Here is the info that Marvel offers:

For starters, here's a link to the LBTS hotel web site. I would suggest that you choose a place below Commercial so that you can dive off Datura or my side yard- Hibiscus. Anything below 4400 El Mar Drive will get you there. Even numbers are on the beach, odd numbers accross the street. If you are not really concerned about having a swimming pool & want to save money, I would reccommend the Sea Echo- right across the street from my house. Betty is very nice & the place is most definitely diver friendly. There's a grill & big old shade tree to sit under post dive. Lot's of resaurants within walking distance of these hotels, BTW.

Next door to me is the Costa Del Sol, a time share that rents by the night also. Pool & such with the added bonus of being able to walk right out onto the sand & into the water. On Datura (beachside) there is the Windjammer to stay in.

Now that said, the best night dive to date for me is "Marvel's Side Yard" and I have been on quite a few different night dives. My suggestion; we stay at the Sea Echo. I say the Sea Echo because there are a couple of benefits to staying there; we could then arrive into town, check into our room, do some dives (2), relax, eat (restaurants in walking distance), goof around in the rooms, whatever. Another bonus to staying there is we can gear up and walk across the road to our dive site! Later in the evening, we can do a night dive at the same spot. We will have already done some dives there so we will know the lay of the land, so to speak. And three dives on that reef will NOT be boring.

There are some great things to see out there - this is not like the diving around here - the reef there is amazing. Next day, Loggerhead or whatever charter you decide on.

I too am happy to return Saturday after the charter.

Perhaps Marvel will chime in but if you haven't been to that reef, I promise you you will enjoy.

Last edited:
MissDirected,
That sounds like a plan.
Any idea on what kind of rates we can get at the Sea Echo?

Respectfully, I'm going to leave it to III to check on things and do the planning. Though I will say Echo is not expensive, especially if we share. They don't have a pool which makes things cheaper but we are going to dive not fiddle in a pool, yes?:) Anyway, I am going to leave final decisions and what not to III. Stay tuned. BTW, is it just you and one friend or you and two friends for sure?

Respectfully, I'm going to leave it to III to check on things and do the planning. Though I will say Echo is not expensive, especially if we share. They don't have a pool which makes things cheaper but we are going to dive not fiddle in a pool, yes?:) Anyway, I am going to leave final decisions and what not to III. Stay tuned. BTW, is it just you and one friend or you and two friends for sure?

You're going to try it again???? Tenacious bunch aren't you? :D So, here's a map of Lauderdale by the Sea. Basically, take the Commercial Blvd exit from either 95 or the turnpike & goes as far east as you can. Once you pass A1A, you will see a statue in the middle of the road at the next corner. That's El Mar Dr- turn right & the Sea Echo is on the right just before the 2nd stop sign. If you get to Hibiscus, you have gone too far. See y'all soon!

I gots no problems wit help from a veteran. Until I get to know you guys better I would rather you help or do the planning. That way if somethings screwed up I have plausible deniability:kiss2:

To give us an idea of charter availability and pricing I emailed Loggerhead today. They do not appear to have a booking calendar on their website.
Loggerhead Dive Charters of Boynton Beach, FL

I asked for prices, availability, cancellation policy, payment instructions, and what's included (air, weights, snacks, etc. ?)

I will update here when I receive a reply.

Assuming we get a group committment, I intend to pay for my own slot. You guys can do likewise or make personal arrangements with Loggerhead.

If the group turns out to 6 or less divers we can consider Kev's boat .... there are currently 6 seats available for the 13th.
Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks

We can further discuss travel and lodging after we have the charter info.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom