Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce, I will let III answer that, since I am not driving. Further, I don't think we have a good enough handle on the weather to know what the beach conditions are going to be. If it doesn't lay down here pretty quick, there will be no viz, at least not for shore diving.
Sounds about right. So, assuming surf is still up for a few days, is Plan B:

No beach dives, Friday night boat dive, and Saturday morning boat dive?

Bruce

A Little Inn by the Sea is right by my house ... cool
Be sure to post your shore dives esp. the Friday night dive in the main Florida Trip and Market Place and we locals will come join you guys. Next time you guys plan a trip down try American Dream II Captian Todd is great and this boat is very close to LBTS 954-980-8387 or 954-577-0338. Weather is looking good for this weekend, I just came in from a walk on the beach (LBTS) we have 10 ft waves down there tonight.
Kim P

Sounds about right. So, assuming surf is still up for a few days, is Plan B:

No beach dives, Friday night boat dive, and Saturday morning boat dive?

Bruce

Correct. :) Don't forget, DiverGirl4u is having a gathering you may want to join. Saturday should be okay for beach dives. Kim, I've done AD w/ Todd and yes it is definitely a good boat.

A Little Inn by the Sea is right by my house ... cool
Be sure to post your shore dives esp. the Friday night dive in the main Florida Trip and Market Place and we locals will come join you guys. Next time you guys plan a trip down try American Dream II Captian Todd is great and this boat is very close to LBTS 954-980-8387 or 954-577-0338. Weather is looking good for this weekend, I just came in from a walk on the beach (LBTS) we have 10 ft waves down there tonight.
Kim P

I've been on Capt Todd's boat a few times. Great dive op! Cool guy too!! I definitely recommend American Dream II to everyone!! :lotsalove::D

Need a count on tank rentals for the sat morn dive, plz. I will be renting 4 nitrox and 2 air

INFO ON TRIP & Sign up sheet:

Game Plan:
Arrive FtLauderdale at noonish on Friday. Check into room, try and get two shore dives in at "Marvel's Side Yard/Lauderdale by the Sea". Have dinner, then do a night dive at the same spot as the two previous dives (we will already be familiar with the reef so this is a great idea). Following morning, we will head to Boynton and dive with Loggerhead. After the morning charter dive, we will have lunch and head back to Tampa.

Room information:
So rooms are booked. We are staying here: Fort Lauderdale Florida (FL) Hotels - A Little Inn by the Sea We have an apartment. Barbara at Little Inn said check in is 3p.m. but if we arrive and our room is empty she will get it cleaned asap. She also said we are free to use the amenities whenever we arrive - no matter the time. So if the room isn't ready we can still leave our stuff there, gear up, and go diving :bounce3: Cost will be $37 a person and we now have an extra bed so if Fletch or I Dive can make it....

People that will be in attendance for trip:
1. ScubAnn
2. Sam
3. Miss D
4. BruceTrinty
5. Boats
6. Scoobahdood
7. Realjet
8. Mlynch Out
9. III

People Staying at Lil Inn:
1. ScubAnn
2. Sam
3. Miss D
4. Scoobahdood
5. III
6. Jess4diving Maybe?

Interested is doing a night dive on Friday night
1. III
2. ScubAnn
3. Sam
4. MissD
5. Boats
6. RealJet
7. MLynch Out
9. Scoobahdood <-------definitely, I will call them today.
10. Brucetrinity?
11. Jess4diving ?
So, only 5 in the room, maybe 6, if Jess4diving can make it, correct? Do I need to bring my air mattress just in case? Brucetrinity and boats are getting their own room. Realjet getting his own.

III, I will take two nitrox tanks, 32% each for Sat. morning trip. Thanks!

So no one interested in boat dive Friday w/ PI...?

Need a count on tank rentals for the sat morn dive, plz. I will be renting 4 nitrox and 2 air

I'll take two nitrox

So, only 5 in the room, maybe 6, if Jess4diving can make it, correct? Do I need to bring my air mattress just in case? Brucetrinity and boats are getting their own room. Realjet getting his own.

III, I will take two nitrox tanks, 32% each for Sat. morning trip. Thanks!

yes - five in room. Go ahead and bring mattress, why not. Yes, the others got their own place. That is why we suddenly had extra space and why I cancelled the other room.

So no one interested in boat dive Friday w/ PI...?

So far Tim; Me, III (Donny), ScubaAnn, Sam, Scoobahdood (Larry). Scoobahdood is going to call for himself.

People, please note that some of us have decided to charter a boat for the night dive. If you want in for it, please speak up.

**First post in thread has been updated. Also the forecast has improved slightly so hopefully we do get in our afternoon shore dive**

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom