Tampa Bay Area Divers, Part 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4u:
Wow I think I found the right place to post .... Hello fellow tampa divers :05: Kim P here .... When is the next gulf dive?? I am ready :D .... my next planned dive is in Key Largo 5/20 and 5/21.... are you ready? All divers welcome ... I am OW cert and been diving 4 years ... have not been out in my area much (gulf) ... but west palm and key largo have been fun.... anyway Hi eyebrow
Kim P

U have found the place. U know about ScubaBoard and the Keys in July, right? Make sure you stick around here. I am always up for diving. You are best to get your diving in now for the Greater Tampa Area - do it while the viz is good. :D

N@rco$i$:
I think this is the same software Eandiver uses. I like it, just don't have 99 bucks at the moment, so it goes on my "must get when I have some money" list.

Actually I use Garmin Map Source Blue Chart. Don't ask the price......

GulfCostdiver:
I was talking it over with my wife and I think we are going to go out to the Tug or Gunsmoke on Wednesday, the only thing that bothers me is they both are highly fished areas and I don't want to get hooked.

Maybe I'll have my new oly housing for my new sp-350.

Here's what someone can do for a round trip from the the Johns Pass marker to 6 dive sites and back to the marker for a total of 27 miles.

JP marker to TI Reef, 5.5 miles, TI Reef to Orange tug, 5.8 miles, Orange Tug to South Co, 584', South Co to South 1, 201', South 1 to Betty Rose, 1 mile, Betty Rose to Pinellas tanks, 7 miles and back to JP, 7.7 miles.

South Co and South 1 are what is worded on my GPS but it's been so long since I was there I forget what they are.

If someone is fishing on the site just go to the next.

GulfCostdiver:
40 miles off Ft. Myers?

There may be a charter that runs out of the Ft. Meyers area that goes there. Get enough people together and I'd do it.

Divergirl4u:
Wow I think I found the right place to post .... Hello fellow tampa divers :05: Kim P here .... When is the next gulf dive?? I am ready :D .... my next planned dive is in Key Largo 5/20 and 5/21.... are you ready? All divers welcome ... I am OW cert and been diving 4 years ... have not been out in my area much (gulf) ... but west palm and key largo have been fun.... anyway Hi eyebrow
Kim P

Yes you have and welcome to the insanity of it all:D

Hi Divergirl4u!

If you want to get out and get wet you've certainly come to the right place. Have had no trouble finding dive buddies since I joined the board. I'll post when I take the boat out next.

Rich

frogman_5:
Hi Divergirl4u!

If you want to get out and get wet you've certainly come to the right place. Have had no trouble finding dive buddies since I joined the board. I'll post when I take the boat out next.

Rich

So true. When I first joined the board I couldn't really find buddies. Since this thread, I am diving almost every weekend :D Again welcome Divergirl4u.

Any week day night dives in the Tampa area? I'll be down in a week or so but just during the week.

Mike

Double answer:
This Bord and this section is perfect for finding new buddies! I'm the living example of that: arrived in US, once posted a request I had a positive, welcomed, friendly answer . . . meeting 5 new great divers and friends and having great dives!

I'd also be interested in a week day night dive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom