Tampa Bay area Divers, Part 2.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey narc calypso isnt exactly my lds but it is who i goto to get anything i need or rent. i actulay did my refresher(of you read my profile) through them but got 2 cedit hours towards my degree at HCC :) so anyways yeah i would be happy to host at wikki wachee sometime so we can get some spring diving in.... im not exactly new to diving but i dont have much experiance, but i am always if not begging to learn so ill let you know next time i am going out there... its not much its just a trailor on a 500 thousand dollar(a nice trailor at that) lot lol but hey its a place to have lunch in between dives.

about the boat dives you guys do where is your boat or where do you lauch from and are you just looking for some help for gas or what? either way im always looking for someone to dive with to get some more experience. my bp/w comes in tuesday(if ups does it right :)) so after that i will be looking for something to dive :).

Awesome day today. Wore a shorty again, woo-hoo. My favorite thing today was the Nudibranchs, spotted three of them. I'd have more pictures but I lent Eric on of my cameras then I left my other on board (I have already kicked myself). The water was placid today. Absolutely wonderful. We started out with about a foot of wave, then nothing, nothing at all. Add to that "good" vis and it was a brilliant day.

Ooooh, another good bit was the finding of a really nice anchor by my buddy and myself! Cha-ching :14:

Do you count Lake City/Gainesville as close enough? I have tanks, will travel, always looking for an opportunity to get wet! Usually Sundays for me, but occansional Saturdays.

jokeborn:
Do you count Lake City/Gainesville as close enough? I have tanks, will travel, always looking for an opportunity to get wet! Usually Sundays for me, but occansional Saturdays.

I think our intention is/was to get people in or around this area diving!!!!!!! I've been saying Greater Tampa Bay Area, as that is what the news lumps all the surrounding areas as.

Seems many were going straight to the Conch forum never to be heard from again. Sure we/I'd love to dive with you anytime! Today was really good. PM me or post to this thread when you are ready to get wet my friend :14:

I'm in Riverview and would love to join you all some time. While I have an Advance Open Water Certification, I still consider myself kind of a newbie, mainly because I just don't dive as often as I'd like. I'll keep watching the board and hopefully we can arrange something.

I'm waiting on the title for my boat, If I get it in time I'll be able to take a diver or two as long as weather permits(it's only a 20' searay cuddy). Thanks for the heads up.

Well, ALMOST had the boat done today! Got the new bearing and bellows put in, when I discovered a #$%^&*() cracked fitting on the shift cable. Ok, so I cracked it taking things apart, but it was weak and better now than later. New cable on order, should be in Weds. With any luck, test drive on Satuday! Being boatless sucks!

Got Good Friday off. Anybody interested going offshore for some wrecks? Can fit 6 divers on the boat with a little organization.

Rich

frogman_5:
Well, ALMOST had the boat done today! Got the new bearing and bellows put in, when I discovered a #$%^&*() cracked fitting on the shift cable. Ok, so I cracked it taking things apart, but it was weak and better now than later. New cable on order, should be in Weds. With any luck, test drive on Satuday! Being boatless sucks!

Got Good Friday off. Anybody interested going offshore for some wrecks? Can fit 6 divers on the boat with a little organization.

Rich

I am 90% sure I will be in town. So if you are talking this Friday, sounds good to me. :multi:

Some of the others went to meet NetDoc today, they should be around later.

Hi everyone! Special thanks to Missdirected for helping me find this forum. I moved to St. Pete last fall and I'm looking to really get into diving now that we're settled in Florida.

Couple of questions if you guys don't mind. I need to take a refresher course (it's been over a year since I was certified and logged a dive), I was initially certified PADI, but was thinking about doing the NAUI refresher course at Bill Jacksons (www.billjacksons.com) off US 19. Anyone know anything about the place? The rates are decent and the guy I spoke to seemed pretty knowledgeable. Just wanted to know if anyone has first hand experience with the shop. OR hell, if you know of any other decent shops in the area that would be excellent (I'd prefer to stay on the west side of the Bay, in St. Pete/Clearwater).

Also, in Florida do you guys dive mostly in shorties in the summertime? I have to ask; I have only ever been diving in Minnesota, which means no shorties! Hmm.. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions to ask in the future. Glad to have found this place!!

Lynnette

:wazzup: Been busy diving Saturday and Sunday (dive reports with pics to follow soon) Looks like I have some catching up to do. here goes.:admin:

Lynnette - PADI has whats called a scuba tune-up. It's a quick refresher on your skills, generally about $80.00. You can knock the rust off your diving with us :D and ask all the questions you want on the boat rides out to the sites. Hope you join us soon.

Frogman_5 - I'm off Good Friday, If you plan a trip, put me down for a slot if there are still any available. I look forward to meeting you as well.

Skink - How does next Sunday, or Good Friday sound. I'll probably do a trip next Sunday, and Frogman_5 may do one Good Friday.

Jokeborn - See Skink above.

Krayz - Just set a date and I'm sure a bunch of us will be there. My fellow Tampa bay divers from the board are very good at contributing to the cause, so if you need anything if you host a dive, just ask. My boat is at the mouth of the Anclote river, I think Frogman_5 is on the south side of the Skyway. Everyone throws a couple of dollars at the boat owner to cover gas, no set amount, whatever you think appropriate.

I think that covers it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom