Talked to Scubapro US yesterday and they said the Mk19 is a go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A quick toot from the tank to blast the water out of the valve.
1/4 sec.
If someone eyeballs me, screw 'em.
It's the folks that go on for two seconds drying the cap that don't understand what they're trying to accomplish.

A quick toot from the tank to blast the water out.
1/4 sec.
It's the folks that go on for two seconds drying the cap that don't understand what they're trying to accomplish.
OK great as this is what I have been doing for years and thought I was doing something wrong LOL

A quick toot from the tank to blast the water out.
1/4 sec.

I just move the inlet on the first so it is pointing away from the tank and angled so water can't blow back into it. You can have your cake and eat it too.

And I wail on the air till every micron of water is out of the cap.

You can't just let the first stage dangle by the lanyard on the cap while you do this or it will end up pointing back toward the valve. I'm convinced that's where most people screw this up. Turn it the other way. Helps if you use both hands and get a buddy to turn the valve on and off.

Pics or vid tutorial would be a fantastic aid to many perps on the board. (Deliberate spelling).

I'll try to take a pic and start a new thread in the near future. Right now, I am off work after a deep chemical peel and feel like i French-kissed an atom bomb.

The take away is to keep a hand on the first and one on the dustcap and control the first. Angle the inlet away from the direction of the air and not toward it as it naturally tends to point if you are keeping a hand on the cap and the valve. The down side to my technique is if you don't have a buddy, you have to turn the air on and off as a separate action.

I'll try to take a pic and start a new thread in the near future. Right now, I am off work after a deep chemical peel and feel like i French-kissed an atom bomb.

The take away is to keep a hand on the first and one on the dustcap and control the first. Angle the inlet away from the direction of the air and not toward it as it naturally tends to point if you are keeping a hand on the cap and the valve. The down side to my technique is if you don't have a buddy, you have to turn the air on and off as a separate action.

Video would be best but then you need three hands!

I use a dry towel or a t-shirt to wipe my dust cap clean if it's for one of my yoke regs. I only blow out my DIN dust caps with a tank.

I replaced my Scubapro dust caps with some other brand. I hate their design. Its like a shot glass of sea water for your reg

I also keep my dust caps separate from my regs. Its a bit more annoying, but it allows me to not accidentally blow salt water into the inlet.

I replaced my Scubapro dust caps with some other brand. I hate their design. Its like a shot glass of sea water for your reg
I just fill the scubapro dust caps with silicone sealant, works a treat.
The Mk 10 caps are better then the cup caps the Mk 25 s I have, stupid idea but fixed with sealant.

I just fill the scubapro dust caps with silicone sealant, works a treat.
The Mk 10 caps are better then the cup caps the Mk 25 s I have, stupid idea but fixed with sealant.

Scubapro's dust cap is an example of trying to make one design work for both DIN and yoke, and it does so poorly for both. It holds too much water for yoke, and it barely stay on for DIN regs. I end up replacing both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom