Talk about anything but local dive shops in Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pro: A little more streamlined by eliminating one hose, and donating the reg you know works (primary) to take care of the emergency first.

Con: Primary inflation is same source as backup gas source. Also donating primary short hose almost requires vertical ascent making venting BC from rear dump nearly impossible unless you and buddy are properly trained to do horizontal ascents.

mario_speedwagon:
Funny thing you wrote that....a boat that was at 40' in April was at 23' in Sept. We are also waiting to dive the B29, but other than that we have not found Lake Mead diving stimulating. I read that you travel to Las Vegas and dive, is that shore or boat diving. I have to say that Lake Mohave is by far the better shore diving.

Leigh Ann and Mario

I agree that Mohave has better shore diving. I'll usually do a few dives there on the way to and from Vegas. I might do a dive at Mead while I'm there. I haven't taken a boat out on Mead. I'm still working on my boat and rentals are just too pricey. I'd like to dive the B29, but they keep extending the restriction. It expires again this January, but I'm sure it will be extended again.

Kaz, I will definitely let all know when it's open to diving.

Garrett, I believe it's sitting at around 150' right now.

KazInAz:
Garrett: you need to take another class! PM me if you need an instructor recommendaton! :)
Heard that!! I'll make the "tech" plunge eventually, just having fun and gaining experience right now, I'm in no hurry to go tech or go pro or anything. I'll PM ya when I'm ready. Thanks

-Garrett

The nps.gov website says one can obtain a permit to dive the B29...anyone know what's involved in obtaining said permit? Is it legit or just jargon for an immeasurable amount of red tape?

http://www.nps.gov/archive/lame/05-004.html

What could a WWII B29 have that could still be classified?

Ooops - sorry. That has nothing to do with having your spare reg on your lpi. I have mine there cause I'm new at this and that's what they told me to do when I bought my gear. I haven't had any reason (knock on wood) to need to learn the pros and cons first hand...yet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom