Taking garbage bags in the water.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be mildly worth something if they made Neon Green or Orange trash bags...

taking a white trash bag is about worthless. at any distance a WHITE trash bag in waves would just look like a "white cap" at distance to anyone searching for you.

You'd be better off holding up one of your split fins....

A small kite would work better. Even if no one sees it, you could use it to tow yourself back to shore.

edit: Come to think of it, the ribs could double as a pole spear and the string as your upline.

A parafoil kite is better. No sticks to try and figure out how to carry on a dive. (I have one of those. They fly very nice, and it does fit in a BC pocket nicely.)

Or, if you really want to make sure people know who's flying the kite, you can always get a Martin Lester. Might be a bit bulky to carry on a dive, but talk about making an impression!

Or, if you really want to make sure people know who's flying the kite, you can always get a Martin Lester. Might be a bit bulky to carry on a dive, but talk about making an impression!

Now that's perfect! That would be hysterical to see deployed on a boat dive.

How about a small pony filled with helium so you could shoot a bouquet of mylar balloons? That would certainly be easy to spot.....

You could tailor your emergency signal to special occasions....

mylar-balloons.jpg

Your favorite Disney characters....

mickeymousebirthdaybouquetballoons.jpg

Even an homage to the Grim reaper in your time of need....

1813%20Grim%20Reaper%20Cake.jpg

Note: this is just a joke, in no way, shape or form are mylar balloons a good idea for the marine environment. This is a public service announcement for anyone foolish enough to think carrying trash bags or balloons into the sea is a good idea, you know who you are.

Thanks Chip. I just started cracking up. Now I have a bunch of nurses looking at me like I'm crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom