• At 60 degrees F

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • At 45 degrees F

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • There is no limit yet.

Votes: 181 57.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll dive 62 degree springs with no wet suit, but nothing any colder. BTW, I dont think you wnat to see me in a wet suit.
Ughhh:spew:

I guess that depends on the kind of exposure suit you own. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a drysuit Yet.;-0

Oh boy! Has my blood thinned down here! Hate to say it but... I'm wearing a 5/4 mil in 78 degree water. I know... what a wimp. Guess I won't be joining any of you guys up North cracking through the ice any time soon! I want to dive Galapagos... guess I might need a dry suit, huh?

My coldest was a snorkel swim in 33 degree F water in Antarctica to swim with the humpback whales.
I had to do it in a wet suit as that was all that was available. The scientists had dry suits but I was there as the radio officer/electronics tech on the research ship so I had to make do.

Even with filling the suit with hot water before going in I was chilled out in 10 minutes.

Swimming with whales = PRICELESS!!!

michael

I'm with caymancase. I never wear less than 1.5mm...even on Guam with 82-84 water temps.

I'm up to a farmer john 3mm (6 at the core) in 70 water temps in winter Okinawa!

At this point there isn't a water temperature limit. I've been uncomfortable after extended dives in warm water, as well as cold water. Usually, I'll get out of the water when I become uncomfortable, unless there's a compelling reason to be there. After all, this is 'recreation' diving, right?

Being originally from New Hampshire I've experienced plenty of cold water. If there's a warm water lake or quarry in the Granite State I didn't find it. Here in Florida the springs are a pretty consistant 68-72 degrees which I consider to be cool, not cold.

However, I must be honest and say given a choice I 've come to prefer the warmer waters of the Bahamas and Caribbean.

Warren

Water temp is of no concern..... Okay so your lips turn blue and you are sucking air from the tanks like a newby at 130 feet. But diving isn't optional it is manditory...

Now where did I put that thermal underwear and battery powered heater??? heheheeh

Syruss
www..coraladventures.net Dive Buddy Listing Service

We don't stop at all unless water is chocolate milk brown!!

Last year the Niagara River got down to 27degrees F. Below freezing but because the water is moving it doesn't solidify..:D

I've been told i am a sick twisted mutha***but hey it's still fun:wink:

NINJA

The coldest dive I have done is 58 degrees. I called the dive after 30-35 minuted because I got slightly chilled. I had already seen everything around, and decided to head up. I was wearing a 5mm with a thing beanie and warm water gloves.

The coldest ari temp was 38degrees, but the water was 68, so no problemo! A little cold on SI's, but I threw my leather jacket on, and I was fine.

Air temp. That is a different story. I've dove the low to mid 30's both wet and dry. Cold water isn't a problem. I bought a dry suit to better handle the 'sit time' between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom