• At 60 degrees F

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • At 45 degrees F

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • There is no limit yet.

Votes: 181 57.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My chilliest so far was 35 degs a couple weeks ago. Did a dive in mid-December for 35 min in 39 degs. I'm still diving wet (not by choice), but I find the water isn't the worst part - its the chilly wind or air temp when you get out of the water. Thats not so nice......

but below 50º there better be something REALLY good down there!

I'm with you WG! If I have to get into thick neoprene and walk like the Michelin Man....there better be something dang good good for me to look at!

so are we talking air temp or water temp??

I don't stop diving usually till the lake frezes over. that is usually at about 30 d. f. of course that is with a dry suit. my coldest wet suit dive was water temp 31 f my first year diving.. now i do it dry.. smiles.. Oh by the way air temp of that last dive was 28f.

How is this for something worthwhile to see???

October in Puget Sound (Seattle area) Water temp 45 degrees

Giant Pacific Octopus attempts to take over wolf eel den. Wolf eel fights octopus for den and seems to win the day.

Later, same octopus comes across another giant octopus and has a battle (it was not a love connection).

This last scene was discovered on my way back to the boat because I was cold. I stopped and watched this action and forgot completely about how cold I was.

Off the north tip of Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Snorkle and/or dive with Pacific white side dolphins for 30 minutes at a time. Water temp 45 degrees.

Originally posted by Arduous
There is no limit. I have dove in 32 degree water in a wet suit. When you gotta dive, you just gotta dive. ??????Arduous

You sound like my instructor...

We had 3 of us in the back-bay behind the shop in January finishing up a class. Water was about 34-36 and air was around 20 and windy. All of us were in wetsuits and stayed in for about 30 minutes.

We never did find the dive-flag. When we surfaced, the float was there, with the fiberglass flagpole sticking up. No flag. It blew off during the dive and sank somewhere (noone volunteered to go back in to find it).

There were some guys on the boat ramp having trouble with a frozen throttle cable when we were getting out. They thought we were nuts! We agreed...

The new drysuit I had ordered weeks earlier finaly arrived at the shop a few days later.

Sea nmf:

That would do it alright!

Oh, wait, I have a better idea--send me the video!

Starting packing for the Bahamas tonight.

My last dive was our flooded cemetary:
42º
mapping to help a friend
45 min of deco
no octopi
no eels
no fights
and he wasn't really that good a friend!

so i got plane tix!
I may be gullable, but I am a fast learner!

What are your late summer temps?
Can i come visit in August?

so far there isnt a limit to the TEMP at 32 deg with the ice froming in my REG i am still diving as of yesterday ! with a WET suit 7mm
bare cold water suit yup i know it is cold but i do limit my time and do plan on getting a drysuit beacuse there seems to be allot of work in the winter time here ,
no one wants to dive in the winter ? cant figure that 1 out hahahah .
need to invest in a winter hood tho beacuse the summer hood is too thin (Brain Freeze) :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom