• At 60 degrees F

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • At 45 degrees F

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • There is no limit yet.

Votes: 181 57.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by CheeseWhiz
.....However, a good tip for warming up after or between dives is to carry along a thermos or a jug of warm water. Pour that down the ole wetsuit and/or in the booties. It feels sooooo good!

Good tip CheeseWhiz! My coldest was this past January in 46º. I felt so sorry the student but they hung in there. Our ground crew had a coleman stove they heated water on for just that very thing. Also, for that second dive, soaked booties and gloves in hot water. Good hot food for the SI and everyone was good to go.

Puddle, 72°?? my coldest dive in Florida was 49° F. Admittedly that is rare, but temps in the upper 50's are common in the gulf in the winter. Unfortunately, this past winter temps stayed in the low 50's. Keys & East coast are warmer in winter than the gulf. Springs are usually stable year round.

WWW™

Soon as I get settled in to my new abode here in the NW, I'm going to schedule an ice dive :cold: in eastern WA. I have to do something to purify my dive soul of all that sinful bathwater in se Florida :tree: I dove in for 15 months.

I dove Lake Tahoe for a few years, even in the summer the water temp is around 50 degrees F. Before we hit 40' its already close to 40 degrees and at the depth it was 34 degrees. I actually was in the water just under 3 hrs on that dive. I wasnt cold at all.
Water temp doesnt keep me from getting wet.

TMD

I said there is no limit yet. But I must be able to actually get into liquid water. When the ice is thicker than my cutting tools :bigger: are able to deal with, I give up and go home.

My coldest dive was this weekend in 68 degree water and about 65 degree air temp. That's as cold as I care to get. I must have been out of my mind!!

was about 60. I did not have any problem with it, in a 3 mm 1 pc and a 3 mm hooded vest. I guess I can dive colder.

It will be interesting to know how much colder i can dive, but arount here the Med will go only down to about 59 and the Red is much warmer. I guess I will have to try other places.

Ari :)

There is no limit. I have dove in 32 degree water in a wet suit. When you gotta dive, you just gotta dive. ………………Arduous

Hi I have many dives in the 30s both wet and dry!
My hands and feet get cold either way.
I remember one time I noticed bubbles coming up in front of my face. My reg was falling out and i couldn't feel it hehe!!
Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom