• At 60 degrees F

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • At 45 degrees F

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • There is no limit yet.

Votes: 181 57.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
At what temprature will you not dive? There are those members of the board that by reasons of location have to have special equipment for diving that is a drysuit full face masks etc. there are those that have dry suites but don't go cold water diving intentionaly. There are those special ones that just have normal reasonable equipment and dive when they can. which type are you?

I stop at 60º because that's about the limit for me in my 1 pc. 3 mil. I do have more rubber than that but chose not to do the Michelin Man thing!

:cold: You need to lower the temp in the survey substantially!! Your lowest temp is about our warmest summer temp. I have been diving when the air temp is -11 and the water temp is 34. It was so much warmer in the water than out!!!

ages

> 70 deg F = :cold:

Need I say more?

Local dives for me range from 49° F (rare) in the winter to 88° F in the summer. I do most of my diving in Florida, but I have traveled to Siberia specifically for the diving. Why limit yourself? Enjoy the variety.

WWW™

I think this weekend will be my last dives of the season. I dive with a wetsuit and can usually tolerate into the high 40sF......but once the air temp starts getting into the 30sF, the gearing up/gearing down SITs become too cold to make things enjoyable even if the water is close to 50F. Often deeper water is only in the high 40s even in the summer at certain sites around here (I hit 48F back in the last week of June in only 40 feet of water in Gloucester, MA).

I stop diving here locally when the water temp goes under 70F. We usually go the the keys or dive the springs when the water gets too cold. I only dive with a 3mil wetsuit, no drysuits for me. :tree:Bob.

If I stopped when the water temp dropped below 70, I'd rarely get the chance to dive at all.

Sure, I dive dry when the temp drops, but I also dive in the ever so slimming neoprene.

Back
Top Bottom