TAC Scuba Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The designs of Force & TAC fins and their claimed advantages are real appealing. I’d like to try them, but I’m cautiously skeptical.

Both the Force & TAC fins have a following that declare how great those fins are, but they have little to no perceptible market share in the fin market.

As far as I know, the fin market seems to be predominantly split between Blade, Split or Jet fin type advocates and suppliers. If the Force & TAC fins are so good, why haven't they been able to carve out a market share, as a better fin type? Just wondering! Am I missing anything?
I think we have done well and never went to CHINA. We have sold over one million pairs, designed the first Split fin (better than others) and so much more with 42 patents. Our customers were not really in the scuba market. Mostly commerical costomers and Military orders. 20 pair this week for Navy. At one point we had over 600 plus dealers and 16 world wide distributors. While my competors ran to places where labor was cheap we stayed in America. I have personally step out of diving. It has changed so much. People comments were so hard to read. Our high point was 1,8 Million in sales. The the Dive industry wanted us to go away and started with false fin test. I think these same people were the one writing fake news stroies..I am been asked to keep my polical thoughts out of these post..so i will. I plan to push our sales up over 10-20 million this next few years....no fins for diving. My cost per pair is now over $130.00 and a Jet fin can be made under $8.00. Poly-Uethane is a winner for performance. Wishing all SB members the best. Susanne and I are moving on to our Water projects. AeroHance is growing and developed from Force Fin Designs. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric You will be paying over $8.00 per gallon real soon. Help support our efforts to provide energy and water for our future. CHESS+EVANS LLC

Susanne Chess asked me tonight " How do these Divers define succes ? I have seen alot of fins come and go and we have been around since 1982 and still KICKING....and MADE IN THE USA,,,ALWAYS.

Susanne Chess asked me tonight " How do these Divers define succes ? I have seen alot of fins come and go and we have been around since 1982 and still KICKING....and MADE IN THE USA,,,ALWAYS.
Bob, I commend you on your Force Fin efforts and successes. Nobody can take that away from you!

I don’t know who Susanne Chess is but in response to her question I might suggest a large percentage of ”divers” and their purchases are heavily influenced by what is available, and used/recommended, not what is best.

From my product development experience, the best often doesn’t make it in the market due to cost, inadequate marketing/marketability, inability to penetrate the market in adequate numbers, and thinking having the best performance alone will bring sales.

As a hypothetical, Bob do you think a manufacturer could produce a cost effective (mass produced) fin line, based on your Force Fin technology, which could be cosmetically enhanced with improved and varied cosmetics and different models offering performance differentiation characteristics at various price points without losing the true inherent benefit of your Force Fin approach? Just wondering.

What fin do you use today and how would you compare them?
I have force fin pro, scubapro go, and deep 6 eddy. I use the scubapro for snorkeling (they are the non boot kind). The deep 6 is really my daughters. I feel the resistance of the force fin in the water less when the knee is flexing back and more when the knee is extending straight as compared to the other two fins. It works well for a flutter kick but I lose a bit of snap in the frog kick.

As I was ordering I checked sizing and thought, no extra large, and how does one fin fit so many sizes

full

Perhaps a flexible foot pocket upper made of magical firm but squishy material, or magic? Poof!

But alas no such fortune

full

My skinny XL Scubapro boat boot half way in a too small Large Indigo fin claimed to fit 10.5, 11, 12, 13+

Bob, I commend you on your Force Fin efforts and successes. Nobody can take that away from you!

I don’t know who Susanne Chess is but in response to her question I might suggest a large percentage of ”divers” and their purchases are heavily influenced by what is available, and used/recommended, not what is best.

From my product development experience, the best often doesn’t make it in the market due to cost, inadequate marketing/marketability, inability to penetrate the market in adequate numbers, and thinking having the best performance alone will bring sales.

As a hypothetical, Bob do you think a manufacturer could produce a cost effective (mass produced) fin line, based on your Force Fin technology, which could be cosmetically enhanced with improved and varied cosmetics and different models offering performance differentiation characteristics at various price points without losing the true inherent benefit of your Force Fin approach? Just wondering.
Thank you. If anyone is awake at the Wheel, manufactoring right now in America is going down like a heavy weight belt. So sad. Talking about our Force Fin products mightn be a mute issue, not the need for demand, but if you can not get your workers to come to work....well. Susanne Chess is my partner and wife. She keeps it all flowing.

So I started on my quest

Me

Hello fins arrived today. They are far too small wearing thin boat booties, and the spring straps are far too short Thanks.

From the worker

We can exchange them for mediums.
I will have shipping get the order prepared.
Thanks

Me

I don't understand what you are saying, these fins are too small

Them

Thank you for the clarification
My apologies – I looked up the wrong order.
What size foot are you?

The TAC is unlike a traditional fin your foot pushes forward.

1. Did you pull the spring strap behind your heal? The spring straps pull pretty far back. Sometimes the spring will naturally push the foot forward.
  2. Place the fin on the ground and put your foot in and push forward. Your foot will stick out past the pocket.

Let me know your thoughts

So I put the fins in my incensed, to do corner for a couple of weeks then sent this

Me

My size in a scuba boot is XL or 10 ½ - 11 in US sizing

full

Thoughts, my feet could do with some moisturising and perhaps a pedicure

So I started on my quest

Me

Hello fins arrived today. They are far too small wearing thin boat booties, and the spring straps are far too short Thanks.

From the worker

We can exchange them for mediums.
I will have shipping get the order prepared.
Thanks

Me

I don't understand what you are saying, these fins are too small

Them

Thank you for the clarification
My apologies – I looked up the wrong order.
What size foot are you?

The TAC is unlike a traditional fin your foot pushes forward.

1. Did you pull the spring strap behind your heal? The spring straps pull pretty far back. Sometimes the spring will naturally push the foot forward.
  2. Place the fin on the ground and put your foot in and push forward. Your foot will stick out past the pocket.

Let me know your thoughts

So I put the fins in my incensed, to do corner for a couple of weeks then sent this

Me

My size in a scuba boot is XL or 10 ½ - 11 in US sizing

full

Thoughts, my feet could do with some moisturising and perhaps a pedicure
They need to make much bigger pockets before I will give them a try.

But guess what Mr lexvil illustrious

Enlarging the pocket is only good for one size up ish

Because in their plastic fin bit, there is not enough breadth to go further

More to come, from the broad pool of the talented that is indigo industries, sayonara!

But guess what Mr lexvil illustrious

Enlarging the pocket is only good for one size up ish

Because in their plastic fin bit, there is not enough breadth to go further

More to come, from the broad pool of the talented that is indigo industries, sayonara!
I did say “much” larger. Size 15 us, but not to wide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom