TAC Scuba Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I have, thank you, and am so impressed I have bought a pair.
How about a happy-diver report on your new TAC fins? Would love to hear what you think!

Curious as to frog kicking performance, they remind me of the Zeagle flips but with a nicer foot pocket.

Looks like a knock-off of FFs.

@Bob Evans - your opinion?

When I listen to these folks, sounds like our marketing for the last 40 years. I did go this direction back in the early 80's with Zeagle as our sales rep's..but then they took the ideas I was sharing with the sales team and they ran off and did their own thing. This fin has many problems due to different moving surfaces. To be honest with everyone, they will never make a dime and soon will go by the way side. Good news is our Water Project is rolling and working on a future fin designs that will be made off shore. Due to high fuel prices our AeroHance Project is rolling. AeroHance GasPods Project – Be Atmospheric And final thought is we always wish new fin makes the best thoughts. Love, Bob Evans

The designs of Force & TAC fins and their claimed advantages are real appealing. I’d like to try them, but I’m cautiously skeptical.

Both the Force & TAC fins have a following that declare how great those fins are, but they have little to no perceptible market share in the fin market.

As far as I know, the fin market seems to be predominantly split between Blade, Split or Jet fin type advocates and suppliers. If the Force & TAC fins are so good, why haven't they been able to carve out a market share, as a better fin type? Just wondering! Am I missing anything?

Force fin pricing used to be more competitive many years ago, and the force fin silhouette is still very distinctive. I had a set when paired up with a new dive partner and although he didn’t know the name, he commented on how that’s what he thought of as old school scuba fins. I dove with another more experienced dive partner and the advice he gave me was to slow down, although I didn’t feel that I was trying to go quickly.

Force fin pricing used to be more competitive many years ago, and the force fin silhouette is still very distinctive. I had a set when paired up with a new dive partner and although he didn’t know the name, he commented on how that’s what he thought of as old school scuba fins. I dove with another more experienced dive partner and the advice he gave me was to slow down, although I didn’t feel that I was trying to go quickly.
What fin do you use today and how would you compare them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom