TAC-nical diving certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
Mods feel free to delete if it violates TOS.

Note the caption on the t-shirt.

Glocks are optional, but there is one "in" the picture.

101_0436b.JPG

Why do you have a cheap-@$$ stock on a bull-barrel rifle? What scope is that? Barrel diameter looks a bit "inferior". Why no 30mm on your optics? And those scope rings! are they from wally-world? Are they even machined?

FD

fire_diver:
Why do you have a cheap-@$$ stock on a bull-barrel rifle? What scope is that? Barrel diameter looks a bit "inferior". Why no 30mm on your optics? And those scope rings! are they from wally-world? Are they even machined?

FD

Woooo, aren't you the critical one :mooner:

The "cheap-@$$ stock" and adequate trigger kept the cost of the rifle reasonable.
Could I replace the stock with something uber-cool? Sure. Will I? Who knows.
I am more likely to pay for the trigger being improved, it's kinda gritty.

The scope is a Nikon. Are there better? Yup. But I owned it so I used it.

The rings predate WallyWorldDominance.

If I wanted a medium range tack-driver I'd have bought this ...

http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/psg1/psg1.htm

fire_diver:
I'm highly disturbed that you can not tell whether that is an M-60 or a Stoner rifle.

Actually drewski, there's a pretty good chance that both pictured weapons are chambered for the same cartridge.

FD

You are highly disturbed? I am sorry for disturbing you.

I probably should have "googled" and refreshed my mental imagery. But technically speaking, is not the Stoner also
configurable as a LMG?

Yes, the "cheap rifle" I am holding is chambered for 7.62NATO.

i should get a pic of my SKS with a bipod and 3-9x40 scope on it... it looks sweet

shoots really sweet for a surplus Yugo gun too

fire_diver:
Why do you have a cheap-@$$ stock on a bull-barrel rifle? What scope is that? Barrel diameter looks a bit "inferior". Why no 30mm on your optics? And those scope rings! are they from wally-world? Are they even machined?FD
WOW! I thought this board was just tough on divers. Now gun owners too?

Oh, the shame.... the shame....

:popcorn:

H2Andy:
i should get a pic of my SKS with a bipod and 3-9x40 scope on it... it looks sweet

Be careful. FireDiver will probably flame you for scoping and 'poding a communist rifle :14:

Green_Manelishi:
Woooo, aren't you the critical one :mooner:

The "cheap-@$$ stock" and adequate trigger kept the cost of the rifle reasonable.
Could I replace the stock with something uber-cool? Sure. Will I? Who knows.
I am more likely to pay for the trigger being improved, it's kinda gritty.

The scope is a Nikon. Are there better? Yup. But I owned it so I used it.

The rings predate WallyWorldDominance.

If I wanted a medium range tack-driver I'd have bought this ...

http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/psg1/psg1.htm

I know that rifle well, I own one. Savage 10FP I believe. The stock trigger is user adjustable, and one of the better stock triggers available. You could switch it with a timmney, but I doubt you would see much improvement on the paper. As to the cheap stock, they are. They are the only weak point to that system. You could find noticable gains if you swap it with a stiffened, free-floated stock with and adjustable LOP.

Also investing in quality rings makes a big difference too. GGG makes a really nice, machined, matched set of rings. This keeps the scope barrell from getting tweeked.

Comparing the 10FP to the PSG1 is like comparing a Volkswagen beetle to a Ferrari.

Before I got into scuba, weapons were my life.

FD

H2Andy:

I used to have a Russian SKS. I regret selling it, along with my SVT sniper. Bi-pod on a SKS, not really needed. But a decent scope makes a it a nice brush gun for deer.

FD

Green_Manelishi:
But technically speaking, is not the Stoner also
configurable as a LMG?

Yes, the "cheap rifle" I am holding is chambered for 7.62NATO.

Yes, the stoner was an LMG, but it looks quite diff from a 60.

Are you sure it's 7.62? There is a difference between 7.62 and 308, although the two CAN be interchanged.

FD

BTW- to keep this about scuba....

I love Glocks. Only commercial pistol (I know of) designed to be functional underwater. Of course those tests only involved the 9mm round, and civilians have to purchase the UW spring cup seperately.

I love my 1911, but it's prone to jams on occasion. Glocks will chamber rocks if you load em into the magazine.

Mabey I don't need to go buy that speargun..... Just take my Glock down with me. :D

FD

Back
Top Bottom