Switching to backplate and wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Starving for air" usually refers to CO2 build-up; the problem here is O2 sat. After 3 months of pool practice your instructor should've had a fair idea of your abilities, so I guess it makes it OK. Until he gets it wrong.

In general you don't expect a random scuba student to be able to pace themselves for the distance, nor have cardio better that that of a couch potato. I would also question the assumption that IRL you'll be out breath by the time you have to do an OOA breathhold swim. If that's the kind of diving the guy plans for, I'd like to not ever dive anywhere near him.

PS if anyone wants do Do It Right(tm), do the 200 m in 5 minutes, then the 100 in 10 minutes or however much you have left, to recover your breathing and get your heart rate down. Then you should be OK for the breathhold swim. :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom