Swimwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The main reason for full body protection is from sealife and abrasion. The last dive I made in Cozumel in just a swimsuit and UA top I was about 5 ft below the surface swimming back to the boat (because I don't do well on the surface with rolling waves) and got hit by a jelly. I never even saw it. So it must've been a very small juvenile. But I tell you it lit me up quick fast and in a hurry and I spent the next hour with my arm feeling like I'd just been prodded with needles. I have 5-6 little red welts where I'd been hit and of course I did all the things you learn for stings but it didn't really help with the pain. It didn't end my day of diving, but it certainly made me don my lycra dive skin every dive for the rest of that trip. Lesson learned.

Tentacles/ legs/arms. Whatever is called what jelly's have, can be active even after being removed from it's body. If you didn't see it, maybe was a juvenile or maybe was a recently separated tentacle.

I wore a shortie and my kid wore a bathing suit for a day Dive, then we did a night dive and kid, (teen-not skinny) got way too cold from repeated diving without thermal protection. The heat loss adds up over multiple, close dives.

Lie on your back when tying the draw string. It naturally holds the gut in and will be tight when you stnds up.

Back
Top Bottom