Swimwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear jammers under my wet suit. Otherwise my swimsuit bunches up, it isn't an issue with my off the shelf shortie, but it causes issues with my 5mm which is custom so it fits like a glove.

I ordered most of mine from Mako, but I also got a pair of Mares jammers.

I would recommend a thin shorty regardless of how warm the water is. Instead of shorts I would recommend a pair of jeans to protect against abrasions and stings.

Why would normal swim shorts "slide down"? I've used them with 7 mil farmer john, shorty and body suit. They stay where I put them. I've also used my 7 mil to go commando. The problems are not worth mentioning.
I dunno, am I missing something? Normal bathing suits have mesh to insure "modesty". I have several with and without mesh for various reasons.

I don't often dive without a wetsuit... But when I do I use boardshorts :) I really don't notice any drag per se and I have to say it's nice not having to deal with buoyancy changes due to suit crush. I recently got these Billabong shorts because they dry very quickly and can do double duty as dress shorts when I step off the boat.

Wear who you are

full.jpg

"Because you're worth it!"

Well, interesting range of preferences, some I've never heard of. The Billybong submersible board short has promise for me for reasons offered by seaseadee. Also wondering about these lycra swimsuits - I'm not the kind to be much bothered by abrasions, but my wife would be, and if I get one for her, maybe I'll get one for me.

Would anyone care to weigh in on the protection benefits of Lycra? Retail websites talks about protection from sea lice and more. My plan going forward is to dive strictly warm water on vacation dives. So, am I going to encounter unexpected irritants, like sea lice in warm water (Caribbean Sea), that I'm not used to from cold California dives?

DGX shorts, they have pockets. Or at least that what I'd wear if it wasn't for my shorty. And pinnacle undies toward the end of the trip.

Speaking of decency, lycra tends to lose its rubber threads and you end up with white translucent bubbles, usually around strategic areas. But I'm sure it won't happen very quickly on dives, not like in a lap pool...

I wear jammers under either board shorts or lavacore pants depending on the water temperature with a lavacore shirt above.

O’Neill has some shorts that have zippers on both front pockets. I am using those almost exclusively now when it’s about 80 degree or warmer water. That allows me to carry some cash and a credit card without worrying about leaving anything on the boat or in the car.

I really like the Billabong Submersibles a lot. They are comfortable in and out of the water. They also dry very quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom