Swift Transmitters - lesson learned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good for you but some of us like to log the data - not sure why you feel the need to be snarky about it???
Relax dude. I didn't say you shouldn't log data. It's just silly to claim that the read out tells you when you were overweight or used your wing.
It's also silly when people claim AI is like power steering.

I don't really care, I don't think they're more or less safe or more or less useful than SPGs. I think it's a gimmick, like electric gear shifting on a bicycle, you'll be fine with either option (as long as you have battery power)... as I said, whatever butters your crumpet.
At least you don't need a phone app and a subscription to use the transmitters... yet. 🤪

The SPG is a great invention.
So is wireless air integration for dive computers. It allows display of air pressure right on my wrist along with other dive info vs having to check a clipped off gauge (or worse, the dangling consoles I see far too often). It also allows almost real time SAC display and, of course, logging of start/end pressure along with all of your other dive data.

Relax dude. I didn't say you shouldn't log data. It's just silly to claim that the read out tells you when you were overweight or used your wing.
It's also silly when people claim AI is like power steering.

I don't really care, I don't think they're more or less safe or more or less useful than SPGs. I think it's a gimmick, like electric gear shifting on a bicycle, you'll be fine with either option (as long as you have battery power)... as I said, whatever butters your crumpet.
At least you don't need a phone app and a subscription to use the transmitters... yet. 🤪
Why don’t you relax? If you didn’t care, you would not have posted - so, at least, be honest.

Mods - go ahead and delete

I've not heard of a transmitter failing after being fixed/replaced.
I have had both of mine fail, then the replacements failed. The folks at Shearwaters have assured me the issues are fixed now. Fingers crossed, I love my Teric and think Shearwater is great but, I really hope I don't have another Swift failure after the last assurances.

Are there known fixes? Even if Shearwater replaces them after failure, it is a bit uncomfortable to start a trip knowing there is a significant chance of this happening half way through.
I usually have a couple of Swifts and one of the older style with me on a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom