Swampers DIVE CAMP Weekend anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning on coming, but I may be dry. No I mean really dry, since I will likely have 2 rugrats in tow. :D

Mary this may work out really super duper well.

How would you like to coordinate the topside games for divers families and children?

We need someone to come up with a list of fun stuff to do topside.

examples, badmitten games, frisbee etc.............

You could be that person?

:coffee:

Mary this may work out really super duper well.

How would you like to coordinate the topside games for divers families and children?

We need someone to come up with a list of fun stuff to do topside.

examples, badmitten games, frisbee etc.............

You could be that person?

:coffee:

The Kunkel's are considering coming down for this weekend, and would be very interested in hearing more about this! We would probably have to bring kiddos too...

looking at the finances to see if i can afford to come spend the weekend

The Kunkel's are considering coming down for this weekend, and would be very interested in hearing more about this! We would probably have to bring kiddos too...

I was seeing if this could be the start to a really good summer of fun diving the texas swamps with TSD, family, and friends.

The reason I picked April 24, 25 was the last weekend in April in the hope we have that great awesome Lake Travis visibility this year. The water will be warming up and it is Spring time in Central Texas.

The camping at WPP is always good and provides everything we need to have fun.

Still looking for someone to organize the topside games and watching of the kids so that they are not left out with the rest of us diving.

Please contact me if you are interested in organizing the kids events during the daytime Saturday and Sunday.

I have Lake Travis Scuba lined up to provide dive boat operations all weekend, except during the time on Saturday that Toms' Dive shop is using the boat.

This includes any night dives on the Lake Travis wreck sites.

We are thinking of an underwater poker run one day, and treasure hunt the next.

More to follow as people firm up.

RSVP by march 10th for the organizing committee.

Thanks for the interest.

I will probably be able to come out Saturday if I am in town, I won't know for a couple of weeks but if I'm here I will help however I can.

Last edited:
I recommend putting in your reservations early to save your space for boat diving. The April schedule is not posted yet, but we will be running a night charter on Friday, two charters on Saturday, and two on Sunday. Tom's Dive and Swim has the boat reserved for Saturday afternoon. If you want to dive at this time, contact Tom's at 512-451-3425 to reserve your space. Any spaces they do not fill will be open to the Swamper event particpants on first come/first serve basis.

In the reservation request form put the date you want to dive and AM or PM for the time. Details will be firmed up soon and posted to our web site, Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba. We look forward to seeing you all soon and taking you out to dive Lake Travis.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

I've never been to Lake Travis and this sounds like it would be a great opportunity to dive a new lake and meet you all in person. I don't normally have weekends off, but wth advanced notice like this I could possible get that one. I'd like to get my son in the water, what temp could I expect at the end of April? Would a 3mm work or would it still be a little chilly for that?

Awhile back deadly_risk pulled temps from the dive reports for April of last year. Temps were 67-70F on the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom