Swampers DIVE CAMP Weekend anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to make a return trip to Travis, but that weekend isn't going to work for us. Will try to get there before it gets really hot, tho! Would love to check out the good vis I've heard about there, cause it sure wasn't there last summer in the drought. How many feet hi/lo is the lake now??

16 feet low as I type. 664' (full is just under 681').

Lake Travis Water Level for levels that are updated hourly.

It's been raining all night and is expected to continue through the next couple of days, so I expect that we'll be getting a few more feet in the next week also.

Glad to hear the lake is coming up. I think it was still 40 feet low last time I was there.

I'm in tentatively, i need to see if the dates work.

Glad to hear the lake is coming up. I think it was still 40 feet low last time I was there.

Some pics of Starnes Island during your summer dive when the lake was near the lowest point of the season, one with you and Downunderjen.

Attachments

• Starnes Island Grottoe - Vanessa Ward & Jennifer Idol 2.JPG
    Starnes Island Grottoe - Vanessa Ward & Jennifer Idol 2.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Starnes Island 11-28-2009 23.jpg
    Starnes Island 11-28-2009 23.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 68
Robert--

I'd like to get in on some of the boat dives. Can you pencil me in when you firm up a boat dive itinerary?

Robert--

I'd like to get in on some of the boat dives. Can you pencil me in when you firm up a boat dive itinerary?

Robert is going to be very flexible in his schedule that weekend to accomodate the swampers that are going to show up to dive.

Friday night you can get on the first dive of the evening with Tom's Dive Shop fun dive at this link:

Tom's Dive & Swim - Central Texas Source for Scuba Vacations, Gear and Lessons

This is a lot of fun with local Austin divers fun diving Friday after work around 6 PM.

Then Robert said if another group of later divers want to go out night diving to start the camp dive weekend. Lake Travis Scuba is very interested in providing this dive service for the group of divers showing up to camp Friday night.

A couple options to just start this dive extravaganza weekend.

Saturday, depending on the size of our dive camper group I am sure Robert will work a Saturday and Sunday schedule around the Texas Swamp divers showing up and diving.

:eyebrow:

The boat will be available for diving throughout the weekend. Best to send a reservation request to secure your spot on the day you want to dive since space is limited to eight divers. Looking forward to seeing all the swampers at this dive season kickoff. For reservations, go to Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba.

Robert is going to be very flexible in his schedule that weekend to accomodate the swampers that are going to show up to dive.

Friday night you can get on the first dive of the evening with Tom's Dive Shop fun dive at this link:

Tom's Dive & Swim - Central Texas Source for Scuba Vacations, Gear and Lessons

This is a lot of fun with local Austin divers fun diving Friday after work around 6 PM.

Then Robert said if another group of later divers want to go out night diving to start the camp dive weekend. Lake Travis Scuba is very interested in providing this dive service for the group of divers showing up to camp Friday night.

A couple options to just start this dive extravaganza weekend.

Saturday, depending on the size of our dive camper group I am sure Robert will work a Saturday and Sunday schedule around the Texas Swamp divers showing up and diving.

:eyebrow:

I'll be on vacation and out of the country weekend of Apr 24th. But I hope this weekend works out great so you get the better vis of April.

Would love to join you swampers if another campout happened ... perhaps Memorial Day ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom