Swampers DIVE CAMP Weekend anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am thinking we are going to have incredible visibility in Lake Travis in March or April.
Definitely April. Remembering all the fun we have had at Windy Point Private starting on Friday after work, night diving, bonfire, cooking out, the stars, UFO's,:confused: boats, tall tales and just great fun with the "after the dive" spirits.

Why not pick a weekend now and see if there is interest in this, and if so, maybe add some cool events Saturday like an underwater poker run, or treasure hunt.

I already have one local dive shop interested in sponsoring a single event on Saturday possibly.

What do you think TEXAS?

April 24, 25 and 26th. The good ole flag will be flying between the trees and happy divers doing what they like to do best, dive, drink and have fun together.

:rofl3:

It is never to early to make plans.

Let's put together a few dives for the weekend, including a night dive. Wreck Alley or Shaker Plant would be interesting to dive at night, and easy to navigate using the lines.

I would be interested in coming out from Houston for that.

Sounds like fun - Travis may have even warmed up enough for the cold weenies to start diving again :)

BTW, it has been raining cats & dogs in Dallas. Have levels at Travis come up any??

Last edited:
Hello. Moving to Houston Feb 8th. Looking to meet up with fellow divers and explore the area. Love lakes, quarries, Gulf, etc as long as it has water in it. Trimix certified. Have approx 200 dives in Lake Jocassee, SC, have assisted in video of Atakullah Lodge @ 300' and captain'd charter boat for instructor the past 3 yrs. Hoping to meet up with some fun and serious divers.
I'm not really crazy about lakes @ 30 to 40'. No problem with cold water. Like to dive all year round.

Rocky

Didnt mean to high jack dive/camp weekend plans. I'm going to work to get it on my calendar :)

Glad Travis sounds like it is coming up too.

It's far enough away that I'll give it a firm "Oh yeah" until I confirm things about 2 weeks out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom