Swampers DIVE CAMP Weekend anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only live 15 minutes from the lake, but I am going to camp.

Carrie,

Would you do another roll call list for our TSD group? Thanks.

Lets see who all is coming to camp/dive and have a great time at WPP on Lake Travis.

hmm, i might like to do that charter dive saturday afternoon. i'd need an instabuddy though. which part of the lake will we be diving? ... i've always wanted to do shaker plant!

You won't be able to beat buddies off with a stick! Most likely Robert will go whatever the general consensus is. Make sure you fill out the reservation form at laketravisscuba.com. I think I signed up for one of the Sat charters.

hmm, i might like to do that charter dive saturday afternoon. i'd need an instabuddy though. which part of the lake will we be diving? ... i've always wanted to do shaker plant!

Carrielsal said it best, you won't need to worry about a buddy, always someone on the boat to dive with.

If you have a dive site preference, put it in the comment field on your reservation request, which is at Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba. For Saturday charter reservations, contact Tom's Dive and Swim, 512-451-3425 to be added to their scheduled Fun Dive.

Shaker Plant or Wreck Alley would be good night dives since they have a mooring line and dive trail that you can use to explore the site and easily return to the boat.

What do you swampers think about the underwater poker run performed in teams starting at 11 AM SAturday morning.

This allows dive teams from 11 AM to 4 PM plenty of time to plan their dive and get their poker cards. A 5 hour window for about a 30 minute small course to navigate underwater.

I will sign up teams around 9 AM Saturday morning and set the course with my volunteer DM's and let everyone dive for the poker cards between 11 AM and 4 PM. Then we can meet up at 4:30 PM Saturday for the poker game at the campfire or even later.

I am still trying to get a prize or two out of a local dive shop. No promises.

Any other idea's for this event, let me know your thoughts.

Who is bringing the volleyball net and ball? for surface interval rest and relaxation.

Any plans for events on Sunday? I've got a wedding I have to attend on the 24th & 25th.. May try to leave out of Dallas late Saturday.. Would love to dive with everyone on Sunday.

Any plans for events on Sunday? I've got a wedding I have to attend on the 24th & 25th.. May try to leave out of Dallas late Saturday.. Would love to dive with everyone on Sunday.

What would you like on Sunday?

So far, I have no responses to the underwater poker run on Saturday so maybe Sunday is a better day?

A lot of swampers are signing up for the Lake Travis Scuba adventure runs for swampers on the dive boat operations. I have heard, shaker plant, starnes island, oasis wall and sunken wreck diving for a start to the weekend festivities plus a single tank night dive is available to anyone interested.

:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom